Opeth's most entrancing album?

E V I L

Sangfroid Affectations
Sep 2, 2001
Imminence
Visit site
I'd say Orchid without reservations.

For some reason, I have to be in a layed back mood in order to really enjoy this album. It's not to be grabbed and grasped by a criticizing and discerning mind. It's more like one of those melodic trips that seep and soak into the listener as it plays its magic. I love the lyrics too. "Open your soul/ Redeem, I am immortal" pure poetry.

I get so immersed I come full circle and love to listen from 'In Mist She Was Standing' to 'Blackwater Park' :) (sure it takes half a day, but, what a way to spend it :p )

Good question.

I only answer BWP - because it has by far the most listeneing time to these ears. Each album has it's own quality - so I'll have to give a listen again to see where "entrancing" fits in with each album.

Still Life would be my answer and I would agree with Kushantaiidan about MAYH and BWP! When I'm looking to get pumped up I usually listen to one of those two!

Originally posted by E V I L
I'd say Orchid without reservations.

I love the lyrics too. "Open your soul/ Redeem, I am immortal" pure poetry.

I am sworn to the oath... to breathe.

Orchid for me too.

Morningrise first, and then Orchid. Opeth is still making good cd's with Still Life and BWP, but this new sound they have has got to go. I miss the sound on the first two cd's terribly.

Still Life. I can hardly move when it's on. It seems blasphemous to be doing anything else while listening to it.

By entrancing, I really meant narcotic, or something along these lines.

Orchid's riffs reek of weed. (Say that ten times fast)

The other albums seem "sober" to me. When I listen to Orchid I experience a diminution of consciouness and just get "entranced" as if I'm high on weed. (Not that I've smoked lately)