opeth's response to turkish fans ;)

ozi

New Metal Member
Nov 4, 2002
Visit site
months ago, one of our opeth fans who lives in america proposed something quite interesting for attracting the attention of opeth. the aim was to deliver the maximum number of letters to him which invites opeth to Turkey! we wrote many letters and sent to him. on january 28th' show of opeth, our friend delivered the letters and emails to band members and mikael wrote a letter to us which can be viewed by clicking the link below!

http://www.fadeback.net/depo/other/opeth2.jpg
i'd like to thank opeth for their interest and kindness and hope to see them back again in istanbul !

oh dude, imagine, i was the one who gave him the letters and stuff.

well before i was kinda nervous, because i knew Mike would be in a bad mood due to Lopez's sickness and other stuff.

so I thought Mike would never read the letters, and maybe he wouldn't even take them.

but when i gave him the letters, he read them.. and said thank you. then peter said thank you. i was so surprised.
then Mike said he'll write something back for the ones who sent him letters.

Opeth's been my favorite band, and i like Mike and other guys alot..
but after that experience, i really really worship and respect him. i don't think anyone from any other band would do what he did.

and he promised to give me a pick before the show. and when the show ended, he put his pick in my palms, while there were 934839 people screaming for a pick.

oh man, now i framed that picture on my wall, with the picks in it, and again

MIKAEL=GOD.

enuff said.

ps: sorry hehe i just feel regret that i couldn't say a "thank you" to mike after the show. i waited him to come out, but then i had to go because my friends wanted to leave..

WHOA! that scared me for a second. I was looking at the picture and I looked down at my keyboard, ahhhhhh, I have exact same keyboard on the very similar desk, and the keyboard was pulled out at the same distance and all, freaked me out for a sec!

Good letter too, what a fuckin nice guy

oh and take a look at this pic dude:

:worship: :worship: :worship:
http://www.fadeback.net/depo/other/opeth1.jpg

that thing, it's a traditional Turkish thing.It's against bad luck. lol if you keep it with you, it gives you good luck..
so i thought that's a goood present for Opeth, especially nowadays.

so i gave it to Mike, while he was sitting in the tour bus, and asked him if he could pose with that thing.
he said:"oh sure, man."

then there you go, the godly pic of him, which is also framed and on my desk right now :Spin:

Moonlapse said:
Yeah, well I'm half sure that he'll stumble accross this thread as long as its active for a little while, so I think he'll see the appreciation here.
oh you think he ever reads the forums?

hah if i knew he reads the forums,i'd bumb this thread forever:Smug:

Yeah, he posts here ocasionally. He used to post alot more in the old days, but every now and then he still does, usually when there's a really big question concerning the band or if someone directly asks him something.

Nice, that was pretty classy of him to write that letter back :Spin:

You know, for such a good writer, singer and guitarist you'd think he'd have better hand writting hehe. I suddenly don't feel so bad about mine now :D