Dear Turkish Opeth Fans

Abedeth

Aug 7, 2008
Lebanon
You lucky people have 4 shows in your country mid-April.
Antalya, Ankara, Izmir, and Istanbul.

I live in Lebanon and I think I might have my spring break over the course of Opeth's time in Turkey so I'm thinking of packing up and heading north to Turkey to catch an Opeth show somewhere.

I don't know anyone in Turkey and have no place to stay. I think the Ankara show would be most suitable for me since I can get a ticket there easily through my father and it would be at a very convenient time but... Some questions first.

Which venue would be better out of all four in your opinion and according to your knowledge of your own country?

Do you have any idea how much the tickets would be?

If you live in one of the cities where Opeth will be performing, do you know of any good, cheap place near the venue where a humble Opeth fan can stay ( Ankara being my preference and primary option)?

Thank you very much in advance, I hope this thread would get me some answers so as to start executing my travel plans.

I think tickets would be like 25 dollars for in-front of stage and 17-18 dollars for normal ticket.

Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated. I think Hyatt is expensive, isn't it?

Lateralus, YES! It hasn't even been a month and I'm already thinking about the next one, this one is an Opeth only gig so it would be much more exciting and extensive than the first.
Say, how long is an Opeth set at such events?

Pretty much 8-10 songs, they like doing more but cut it for curfews and most of all they like sticking to the setlist, so the one I'm hearing you guys have over there is like...(HA, TLE, HP, GoP, Clos., D1, TLA, Cred., TNATSW..)..9 songs if I'm not mistaken?

But hey, I'm just jealous because they aren't coming to Dallas next U.S. tour, if they play a drastically different setlist, like include Karma and Harlequin Forest or something, I'll probably drive to Houston just for that though.

I live in izmir. ticket price is 56 Turkish liras

And Mike if you hear me... We want The Twilight is My Robe and The Apostle In Triumph. If you play that songs, there is no more Izmir on Earth map.

(sorry for my bad english :( )

yes definetely choose İstanbul to watch the best show in Turkey.yes İstanbul show is the last show in Turkey, people may think they might be tired etc but hey this is Opeth,they tour all the year,who cares about 4 days tour.Besides after the shows in Greece they will rest in Antalya for 3 or 4 days I guess, as a vacation.Antalya is very nice at this time of the year.

And as Mikael sa,d İstanbul audience is always better.In the 2006 show I went both İstanbul and Ankara, and the difference is huge in terms of audience and venue.You can see the eager crowd here They had played Demon of the Fall for bonus in İstanbul but nothing in Ankara.And this time the venue in Ankara is even worse than the 2006 show, everywhere is full of seats and very few space to stand up.Even I live in Ankara and the venue is 10 minutes to my home, I got my ticket for İstanbul show already.

And yes hotels may be expensive but you can search for hostels on web, I know there are very cheap ones as 15 Liras per night.Enjoy your time in Turkey!

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Antalya and yes its true Opeth will rest about 3 days or less. Tickets are 30 Turkish Liras till 13th april. so its cheap and you can find cheap hotel here near the concert place.

also i will be their guide here in Antalya :kickass: we arranged signing meeting too.

Unfortunately many reasons have compiled against me and basically usurped all my chances of another Opeth experience. Im not happy about it all but I guess I have to be patient.

Thank you guys so very much for your evident hospitality and I wish you a great Opeth tour in Turkey. Let us all know how it goes. I really wish I could go and meet the band and atleast just take a picture with the one and only Opeth.

Sad but I have to live with it.

Again, thanks and have fun guys. Maybe next time.