opeth's response to turkish fans ;)

hey u had just exaggerated!and atrocity yes it is an very ancient tradition-name is "nazar boncuğu" but it does't bring good luck,just protects you from the bad effects and spirits-there are REALLY very much opeth fan in turkey and ı'm really looking forward to see them again in istanbul!!

Let me just say that I have more respect for Mikael Akerfeldt as a person and as a professional than any other musician ever. When I saw Opeth with Ptree at the 9:30 club in Washington, the people in there were real assholes, always yelling and complaining about how they needed to play "heavy shit" the whole time. Like seriously, they would not SHUT UP. It was so annoying. Throughout it all, Mikael carried himself with the utmost calmness, and kindly reminded the person that they were doing a special set. Every time someone would complain, he would address them respectfully and remind them why they weren't playing any heavy stuff. Its incredible to see him do death vocals, when his personality is so laid back. Even though he is so relaxed, he still has a ton of energy when he rocks out live. Mikael is also quick to tell entertaining stories between songs, and just in general makes witty comments. Not once have I heard of an instance where Mike has lost control, freaked out, yelled at anyone, treated anyone unprofessionally, or anything. I hope that I can meet him and the rest of the band after the show at the 9:30 club on the 15th...if I stay outside by the tour bus, would I be able to meet them? Whats their policy on greeting the fans after shows?

ELPsteel said:
if I stay outside by the tour bus, would I be able to meet them? Whats their policy on greeting the fans after shows?

dude it was like 10in the morning, i was standing by their tour bus..and there was an open window , mike was smoking.

i just sit next to the tour bus, i didn't go near him. i did not want to bother him you know.

but when he saw me, he just smiled and then i went near him.
he was all nice and kind, talked to me and stuff.

so just wait until they come out of the bus, or let them notice and invite you near the bus.

btw they never let you in the bus, of course.

atrocity said:
i don't know about you but it really gives me good luck..

abi ne dalyarak adamsin sen ya hehue

Heh he, nice explanation for "nazar boncugu"! :D