Opinion End Of Heartache Vs. Stye

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Well Have You Ever Thought With Them Doing That Its Opening Up The American Audiences To The Swedish Sound There For Totally Eradicating The Nu Metal Scene Because People Will Realize There Is A Lot Of Talent Left In Metal Its Just Not On The Radio.
yeah but you miss the point, if something or a style gets popular it must be bashed and bashed because its POPULAR! and anyone that listens to it is A TRENDY FAGGOT!

God! I saw both of them at montreal and how can you say that KIllswitch engage is better then in flames??? STYE rulezzz! Its not like the old in flames but its wayyyy better then any album of killswitch. Its some nu-metal or something like that. The clean vocals are far worse then those of anders. Anyways I dont understand why some say that stye is less good then a american band that seems to be enraged punks ( by the way I dont have anything against killswitch engage but I dont find them that talented ).

IMO KsE offers nothing new at all, there riffs have all been done and the breakdowns are weak.

While StYE is only a decent release compared to IF past efforts, songs like In Search for I, Superhero of the Computer Rage, Dial 595-Escape are better than anything KsE has ever done.

Dark idea said:
Its some nu-metal or something like that.
KSE? NU-Metal???? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Lamest Post of 2004 Award"

and sorry, the clean vocals on EoH are 10000000x better than Anders. not to bash STYE here, as i feel it really isnt a bad album (its mixed, theres really great songs and some really bad songs) but EoH absolutely smokes it. Riffs, production, vocals, intensity, everything. It isn't the most innovative album around, but does it really need to be?

damn just look at a killswitch engage clip! Its like sooo bad! Its maybe not some nu-metal but its some lame progresif metal. I mean there guitar work is really not that good and the vocals are really not amazing. I dont see what you guys love of killswitch engage

Yeah that I know..but the music they play is...well weird! I mean some of the chorus sound like if they are inspirde by some pop ( not being some pop ) but sounds like. Thats what I mean. And the clean vocals sound like more pop or punk then like some real good clean vocals.. é9 not that I have something against that kind of vocal )

I just dont believe it! You guys actually like killswitch engage! I mean WTF??? The guitar work is just bad...the vocals are terrible ( at lease the growls are ) and the overall of the songs well just suck! This is like a hardcore band that thinks that they are cool! Watch one of the clips of killswitch engage...does that make you see that they suck?

Dark idea said:
I just dont believe it! You guys actually like killswitch engage!
yep

Dark idea said:
I mean WTF??? The guitar work is just bad...
no

Dark idea said:
the vocals are terrible ( at lease the growls are )
no

Dark idea said:
and the overall of the songs well just suck!
no

Dark idea said:
This is like a hardcore band that thinks that they are cool!
no

Dark idea said:
Watch one of the clips of killswitch engage...does that make you see that they suck?
no

Ok...now tell me what you like in killswitch engage. I respect your opinion but right now I have some difficulty with this one so tell me what is sooooo good of killswitch engage?

I don't really get the big deal about Killswitch either. I have, however, only heard one song from each of the last 2 CDs, so if that invalidates my opinion then you should ignore this. But I haven't felt compelled to listen to anything else. To me, they just sound like all those other bands who previously played hardcore or metalcore or whatever, decided they loved Clayman, and started trying to mix it in with their own stuff. I love Clayman and in theory I should love all this other stuff like Killswitch Engage and Bleeding Through and whatever else, but it just lacks something in my opinion. I am all for music that's catchy, and I don't give a crap about innovation - I'm not one of those people you find about metal boards who insist on using the word "art" instead of music, and won't listen to anything that's successful. But I just don't think Killswitch are anything special. But that's just what I think based on two songs, for whatever that is worth. I definitely think they're a good pairing for In Flames though. As for whose latest album is better, then I obviously can't really say having not heard the Killswitch one, but I would have thought that all of the millions of people who come on here bitching about RTR and STYE would much prefer Killswitch, since that is closer to what In Flames were 4 years ago.

To me, they just sound like all those other bands who previously played hardcore or metalcore or whatever, decided they loved Clayman, and started trying to mix it in with their own stuff. So fucking true!
I just dont see any good guitar riffs or real crazy vocals. Not terrible but nothing good.
Anyways just not my band.

I Think they have the potential and talent to break out into a really excellent metal band for the future. I think I secretly longed for a metal band that would throw clean vocals in there and still have the melodic riffs. I know Inflames and Soilwork are doing it know but Soilworks not writing the killer melodic riffs that much anymore , I still like them buT KSE is just kinda writing the type of music Ive been looking for. I started with Master of Puppets and went to Maiden and I feel like its a good mix of both with kinda hardcore/thrash riffs and Iron maiden/King diamond type melodies. I dont think they will evolutionize metal in anyway I just think they write some solid oldschool/hardcore/swedish style like songs. Their mixing everything and I think it rocks pretty hardcore.