Opinions about the Superlux CM-H8G Tube Condenser Microphone

laszlozsolt82

Feb 5, 2010
Cluj Napoca, Romania
My girlfriend where in Germany and bought me the Recording Magazine september edition, where it`s a huge article with Tue Madsen called "Metal recording im Swimming Pool":devil:. There was a question among others what is his prefered vocal microphone and he said that he likes his Superlux CM-H8G. I never heard about it and searched on thoman, surprisingly i found out that it costs only 129 eu, and seems that it`s a neumann clone. I am planning to buy a large membrane condenser in the near future and this got my atention now. I hope this is not a marketing thing, becouse saw that TC electronic is making a lot of comercials with him :lol: (actualy in this articel he don`t mention TC at all). So if anybody got this particular Superlux model please write down your opinion.

I use it as vocal mic. It sound good...I've never used a Neumann but the superlux is great in my opinion. I also use it as room mic. It has an external power with 8 pattern position...from figure 8 to omni with different cardioid pattern in the middle.