Opinions On A Computer

idontpullout

Mar 27, 2010
Columbus, OH
Looking into upgrading and switching to a desktop. I'm currently just using 2.53 Macbook Pro. I looked into getting an iMac. But, I'm really underwhelmed by the power of them for the price that they are. Also, the difficulty of doing any kind of upgrade except for the ram. But, I do prefer logic over everything else. So my questions would be, what are your guys thoughts on just switching to a pc and building it, and using protools or staying with mac. Anyone have experience with the new iMacs? Do you feel that in a year you won't be wanting something new?

Thanks!

The new iMacs are badass specially the i5's. Mac Pros won't break a sweat mixing either, even the old ones. I have a 2006/2007 Mac Pro and it eats plugin heavy sessions for breakfast.

If you're gonna buy Apple wait til they come out with their new models, then all the old stuff gets moved to refurb and you can save quite a bit of money on it. I got a $2000 Macbook Pro for $1300. Also, don't buy hard drive and RAM upgrades from Apple, they price gouge the shit out of you. Wait and upgrade after you buy.

If you are familiar with Mac, I stay stick with it... in my opinion the stability, longevity, and customer service is worth the premium you pay for them.

Thanks guys appreciate the input, yeah I definitely think I'll be staying. ha. Just those new i7's have been really tempting.
Looks like I'll be shopping around.

Thanks!