Buying new computer need help ASAP

im kinda a noob when it comes to computer specs. Im using logic and planning to stay with logic for a while until i get really professional.

im looking for a desktop, been looking in to the iMac, and possibly the Mac Pro but its.. quite a bit more expensive.

what are the different advantages of different cores? quad-core etc. im not sure what they are.

the pro's of con's of different drives and cards etc.

sorry, im not sure what to ask im just buying a new computer whats the best possible mac for recording etc?

help is much appreciated :) thanks in advance to anyone who posts

im kinda a noob when it comes to computer specs. Im using logic and planning to stay with logic for a while until i get really professional.

im looking for a desktop, been looking in to the iMac, and possibly the Mac Pro but its.. quite a bit more expensive.

what are the different advantages of different cores? quad-core etc. im not sure what they are.

the pro's of con's of different drives and cards etc.

sorry, im not sure what to ask im just buying a new computer whats the best possible mac for recording etc?

help is much appreciated :) thanks in advance to anyone who posts

8-core Mac Pro. If it's too steep, get a used one of the earlier generation Mac Pros. The iMacs are fine, but all the little things make the MacPro worth it for recording purposes. And this comes from a late 2009 iMac 27" i5 owner and daily user :)

thanks! thats what ive been hearing theres way more advantage on the mac pro then the iMac.

if you wouldn't mind whats the difference between quad-core, 8-core 12-core differences for recording?

also do i need to worry about the sound cards or anything else? thanks :)

thanks! thats what ive been hearing theres way more advantage on the mac pro then the iMac.

if you wouldn't mind whats the difference between quad-core, 8-core 12-core differences for recording?

also do i need to worry about the sound cards or anything else? thanks :)

In a nutshell, more cores, more processing power, easier life :) You don't have to go overboard, though. My i5 has served me well with even quite large projects. Haven't hit 50% CPU usage yet. Don't worry about the built-in soundcards, you're most likely going to use a third party prosumer/professional grade audio interface for your audio work anyway.