Opinions on RME products

I don't own any. But for what I read all over the years, practically the best audio hardware out there.

Had a 9652, rock solid, super low latency, no issues, wish I hadn't sold it.

I've had great experiences with their PCI products, but I owned 2 UFXs and had nothing but issues with them. I hear people say their drivers are rock solid but I was having all kinds of jitter, digital noise, latency issues and dropouts :\

Like the orthers say, go for pcie products, they are the most reliable there is, period, best drivers, and the software is superb.

converter wise i would go somewhere else though, just for a different color, and stay away from the preamps in general.

running a HDSP9632 for about 5 years now, no problems, best thing about this is the hardware zero latency monitoring!

Used to use a 9632 pci card, now use the AIO pci-E card since the new pc I built doesn't have legacy pci support. They've both been great... I need to sell the 9632 still.

I've had a fireface 800 since '06 and it hasn't let me down once with any laptop or desktop rig I've owned.

Same here, never had any issues with mine either. Compared built-in preamps to Great River ME1-NV and while the GR was a lot better the pres in ff800 are definitely very useable.

The FireFace 800 is running very reliably every since I got it (a month or two back) and by the sound of everyone else's satisfaction with the product, it doesn't look like it's going to let up anytime soon. I highly recommend it.

I don't think the preamps are dogshit; just kind of whatever. They're functional and don't sound bad by any means. I have Lavry converters and an A-Designs MP2A and while those are clearly better; I don't think it's worth the price increase vs quality difference.

I don't think the preamps are dogshit; just kind of whatever. They're functional and don't sound bad by any means. I have Lavry converters and an A-Designs MP2A and while those are clearly better; I don't think it's worth the price increase vs quality difference.

Just to clarify, I said relative dogshit for a reason. My API and Neve clones sound worlds better than the RME stock pres, and while they are usable I will say that I do think that they sound bad. Very stiff and harsh with a brittle top end compared to something even marginally better.

Yeah, I'll definitely agree with you on the brittle/harsh top end. I actually don't even use the rme pre's anymore since I have an audient 8 channel that I send adat and essentially just use the RME as a pathway along with headphone and monitor mixes. The thing is definitely rock solid as far as stability goes. Maybe I should take the lavry and mp2a off of eBay.