Conceived In Fire
May 29, 2006
Virginia
Flyleaf?
30 Seconds to Mars?
Black Stone Cherry?
Avenged Sevenfold?

And any others?

Have you guys actually heard Black Stone Cherry? It is really good Hard Rock.

I like A7x pretty good especially the new song "seize the day" but I don't really consider them metal more hardcore punk meats GnR.

Flyleaf is a band I haven't heard much of except for the one single. I like it "I'm So Sick" but it is simplistic and boring after a while

I agree with above statements when it comes to 30 seconds to mars, I hate that band, the music sucks.

the lead singer in a7x tries so hard to look tough, but he wears make up and just cares about looking good for the ladies. ha. seriously. worst band ever.

I used to like one song by 30 Seconds to Mars, don't like Flyleaf, and haven't heard of the other.

I'm still a big A7X fan, but me and other fans rag on Matt (the singer) for trying to be Axl Rose. He doesn't wear make-up anymore though.

Boru said:
I don't know who in their right mind would want to be Axl Rose

I'd like to be him for, like, 5 minutes so I could punch my own cunt in!!!!!

They guy really is a fucking trolley merchant!!!!

The only new rock band that I've been listening to lately is Coheed & Cambria.

Boru said:
Flyleaf?
30 Seconds to Mars?
Black Stone Cherry?
Avenged Sevenfold?

Can't say I like any of them... 30 Seconds to Mars had some potential on their first album but it wasn't enough for me. Their latest work just blows in my opinion.

As for new rock I like (in the mainstream, as that seems like what we're talking about).

I like Muse. They're shaping up to be a pretty good progressive rock band.

Coheed is pretty cool, I'm just not that crazy about their vocals. I usually don't let vocals ruin a band for me though. They have some pretty strong progressive elements in their latest album.

There's tons of modern underground rock and not so mainstream stuff I love, but I'm not gonna get into it (too many to list).

I still listen to Avenged Sevenfold, I like their solos, like in Bat Country and stuff. The vocals are dodgy though, and REALLY dodgy on their old albums, back when it was shitty metalcore stuff.