Opinions on this guitar tone...

Personally, I'm really digging the tone, guitar riff, and the overall mix. I think the tone fits the type of riff and the mix. Sounds good. What gear and setup did you use?

It´s really boxy and bit harsh. But it´s easy to fix that. Just cut some mids, a cut between 500hz and 800hz will help.

Personally, I'm really digging the tone, guitar riff, and the overall mix. I think the tone fits the type of riff and the mix. Sounds good. What gear and setup did you use?

Thanks. It's revalver mkIII and I used a Schecter C7 Blackjack with EMGs 707.

It´s really boxy and bit harsh. But it´s easy to fix that. Just cut some mids, a cut between 500hz and 800hz will help.

Yes, you are right. I updated the link, I think it's improved.
God, I'm terrible at EQ'ing... I've learned to rely on freefilter and curveEQ a lot for these things.

It´s much better, without doubt:) Sometimes when we have to make cuts, we have also to compensate another areas. Try a boost between 6khz, it doesnt need to be a big one, but will be bring some brightness. I think it will sound even better.

This sounded absolutely awesome, Kimon! I like the tone a lot. I feel like an idiot because of my "accident guitar" tone in comparison with that :lol:

Haha, don't worry, I'm sure you'll redeem yourself when you record the guitars again.

It´s much better, without doubt:) Sometimes when we have to make cuts, we have also to compensate another areas. Try a boost between 6khz, it doesnt need to be a big one, but will be bring some brightness. I think it will sound even better.

Thanks, I'll try that.