Opinions on this mix. Something a little different.

tylerrr

Jun 17, 2010
Massachusetts
this is a mix I recently finished for my band. everything is done and has already been released online and what not, so I probably won't make changes, but I'd love to hear some feedback for future reference. I tracked, mixed and mastered everything. we generally go for a tight/decently produced, but believably natural sound. the snare and kick are samples mixed at about 75-80% sample and 20-25% natural drum sound. the toms are all natural and so are the cymbals. I used eq and compression, but no samples. the guitars are all real amp/cab. we used a japanese fender jaguar into a peavey classic 100 boosted with a maxon tube screamer for one rhythm track, the other rhythm track is a gibson faded flying v into a 5150 II. the cab was an emperor 2x12 with I'd like to say jensen speakers, but I'm not positive on that since it's my other guitarist's cab. leads were done with the 5150 and we switched back and forth between guitars depending on the part. the cleans were tracked with the classic and it was the same deal with the switching guitars. all guitars were tracked with one 57 pretty much right on axis. rhythms are just one track each panned hard left and right. no quad tracking. bass was a fender mexican jazz bass into a peavey mark 3. the cab was an ampeg 8x10 with one 57 right on it. vocals were just tracked with a sm58. sorry if this description is long winded, but I know people sometimes like to know what went into a mix. if you want to know any more about the mix then I'd gladly go into more detail. let me know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/triumph-studios/my-fictions-dissertation