opinions on this punkrock mix?

I'm mixing this right now, so any opinions / suggestions are welcome!

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/punkrockacademyfightsong/apologies mix 01-05-07 M.mp3

The band is called Stars Overnight.
Style is skate / pop punk

drums:

4 piece Peace Paragon custom maple
snare: Mapex black panther
cymbals: Meinl + Zildjan

mics:

Kick: D112
Snare top: 57
Snare bottom: 906
Tom: 904
Floor: 904
OH's: NT1000

Bass: Fender jazz '75 reissue
SansAmp BDDI
Marshall VBA400
Ampeg 8x10

recorded 3 channels:
1: DI clean
2: SansAmp
3: D112 in front of cab

Guitar left:
Gibson Les Paul standard
Peavey triple XXX (crunch channel)
Marshall 1960 TV (greenbacks)

Guitar right:
Epiphone Les Paul classic
SD-1
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Marshall 1960 TV (greenbacks)

guitars were double tracked with 2 close mics and 1 room mic.
close mics: 906 + 57
room: NT1000

This sounds really good man. This is a great mix for a punk song. Did you do any replacement or blending on the drums? The band is decent as well. They remind me a little of old millencolin. I haven't heard any punk from holland since the last time i listened to funeral oration!

This sounds just great!! Snare sounds a bit too compressed maybe. There's a lot of attack and little body but I like it anyway.

I would make it sound more metal. :lol:
That's how I prefer my punk.
I'm assuming this is the sound you're going for but I at least would want more bass and to fatten up the drums a bit with eq. They sound very closed in and are feeling claustrophobic. Maybe add a touch of reverb too?

Sounds like afi to me. Pretty ok cool.

I just listened to this again and I feel exactly the same about it as before. As someone who played and listened to (and still does when the mood strikes) lots of punk rock as a kid I can say that this is a great mix for the genre. The first thing I though when I heard it is that it could stand up to many classic fat wreck chords or epitaph albums. Good work. :kickass: