here's the setup:

DRUMS
overheads - rode nt5s
kick - akg d112
snare - sm57
snare bottom - oktava mc012
toms - sm57
room - mxl v63m

overheads went into a dbx 386 tube pre, everything else was straight into my 002. drums were mixed with a slate kick, snare and toms.

RHYTHM GTR
les paul > modded jcm 800 > orange 4x12 w/ v30s & greenbacks > sm57 > dbx 386

LEADS
les paul / custom telecaster > dbx 386 > podfarm

BASS
schecter stargazer through a DBX 386 tube pre into podfarm.

can't wait to get vocals tracked because the band's singer straight up kills it for this genre.

critique away.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3033847/ALLIGATOR SEX 4-23-10 MSTR copy.mp3

Dude. That guitar tone is fucking tits. Great Job.

One of the coolest things I have heard on this forum. Whoever these guys are, they kick ass.

thanks man. i love that fucking jcm 800 so much. the band, by the way, is called wild tiger. check them out at myspace.com/wildtigerrock. they are on par with any of the bigger acts in this genre, imho.

sounds badassss man! what type of reverb did you use on the guitars and drums?

the rhythm guitars are dry but the leads have the CLA signature guitar plug on them. as for the drums, i was lucky enough to track the drums in a huge loft with 15" ceilings so the verb you're hearing is from the room mic i compressed the shit out of. i also processed the slate snare sample with an impulse created from an old lexicon pcm.

Great punchy mix...vocals fit perfect great vocals good grit!!! I love it!!
Just on a side note (my ears)... I think the guitars could be a bit cleaner a little less muddy (might be the bass?), have the kick not be as clicky maybe even a little more low end smack, and the snare have it maybe cut through a bit more. Mind you Im listening on shitty speakers.