Melodic Punk-Rock (real stuff almost)

xFkx

gain induction
Mar 3, 2008
Poland
www.myspace.com
So...

I'm almost done, tracking vocals this sunday, so it will change the mix for sure, i'll back off on the guitars to make space for the vox, but for now, here you are:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1322550/ODC_12.mp3

Details:

Drums:
Pearl Masters with Jordison Snare
d112 on kick, e604 on toms, audix i5 and 57 on the snare, se electronics as OH (they look like c414 copies), a pair of cheap mxl's for stereo room, rode nt1 for ride.

Kick and Snare are 50/50 with a sample.

Bass: American Deluxe Fender P-Bass into a sansamp... into a sansamp rbi :)

Guitars: Les Paul Studio into Podfarm ;(

Comments are welcome !

That bass tone is fucking awesome coming in, the drums are as well. The guitars on the other hand totally don't fit. They sound way too much like POD.

Ill agree with Allan on this one. Bass is Killer and most of the drums too. Wheres the kick? Its either being masked by the other stuff or its too far down IMO. You might want to consider re-amping those guitars and using a combination of real and POD guitars as that will take away the well.... digitalness of the guitar sound.

Yeah, i'll ponder about reamping, just don't want to strech the budget too much. I think the kick is OK, this type of music doesn't require the kick to be upfront.

I think in this mix, the podfarm is a little digital but also, the guitars are tad bit loud

Yeah, i'll ponder about reamping, just don't want to strech the budget too much. I think the kick is OK, this type of music doesn't require the kick to be upfront.

Fair enough man I understand the constraints and I know it doesnt need to be as upfront just to me it seems a little lost even if it is supposed to be back in the mix slightly

Bass sounds sweet, but yeah those bleeding guitars are WAY too loud. You're not going to fit any vocals in there that's for true.