Some of my own music (real instruments!).

Oct 10, 2009
saint louis
www.myspace.com
Here's a pop rock track I'm working for a project I've started with some friends. No vocals yet. All real instruments (kick and snare are a 50/50 blend of samples / live kit) with real performances. No editing for timing done to the guitars...everything was played until it was right. Now that I think of it, the bass is still technically a scratch track. Haha.

All channels going into a Presonus D8 > Digi002 (ADAT).

Overheads - Rode NT5
Kick - D112
Snare - SM57
Snare top - Oktava Mk012
Tom1 - Audix i5
Tom2 - SM57
Floor - SM57
Hihats - SM7B
Room - M-audio Nova

Bass - Fender American Jazz > StudioDevil Virtual Bass

Guitars - Fender 72 Telecaster (Duncan JB) > modded JCM 800 > Orange 4x12 (v30) > SM57 > CLA-76

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3033847/1110_heartbeat_novox.mp3

Wow, I don't know why but I kinda expected a mediocre sound(sorry dude don't know why, I don't recall seeing your name so I recconed it might be a beginner clip)

But this sounds AWESOME!!

Everything is so clear, drums sound so fucking awesome. Next step would be to add vocals and that will probably make or break this song.

Really enjoying the drum sound, but I think the drums are a bit loud in relation to everything else in the mix.

Really enjoying the drum sound, but I think the drums are a bit loud in relation to everything else in the mix.

Yeah, they could probably come down a bit on their own. A lot of the pop mixes I've been listening to have drums / vocals in the forefront so they might make a bit more sense once I get vocals tracked. Hopefully anyway!