Opinions Wanted: 22" LCD vs. 20" LCD

462studio

462 Studio
Apr 26, 2006
Maine
www.myspace.com
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my monitor (visual) situation from a 20" CRT Sony and a 17" CRT Sony to two flat LCDs of the same relative size. I just can't take my visual limitations in Cubase any more!

I'm looking at the Dell 22" E228WFP LCD and the 20" E207WFP displays. Both running at a resolution of 1680x1050.

My question is, would two 22" LCDs be overkill or would going with the larger 22" be a wise choice versus the 20" LCD model?

I assume it's entirely possible someone is of the opinion that 22" is just too big to be using duals, and say something like it's physically difficult to view two of them at once at a mixing desk position. I just would like to make sure before I do any ordering! Also, the 20" is significantly cheaper, so if there isn't a reason to go with the 22, it would be a cost save as well.

All opinions are welcome!

I just bought 2 of these:

220690.jpg

And it's great. AFAIC, with audio stuff, you can't have big enough screens!

Dell monitors are overpriced, and the company is shit when it comes to consumers, so stay away.

Check out Newegg and Tiger Direct - you can find a huge monitor for cheaper than Dell could ever offer.

I have just bought two 22" widescreen fujitsu-siemens.. and they are just great. I dont see a problem in viewing two of these sizes - it gives a great overview!!! If the prices where right, i would have chosen two 24"

So.. I'll say go with the 22"

Michael

Dell monitors are overpriced, and the company is shit when it comes to consumers, so stay away.

Check out Newegg and Tiger Direct - you can find a huge monitor for cheaper than Dell could ever offer.

This is interesting. I thought their prices were quite reasonable. $220 for the 20" and $296 for the 22". Is this not a good price for an LCD of this size and quality (whatever that may be)?

I have just bought two 22" widescreen fujitsu-siemens.. and they are just great. I dont see a problem in viewing two of these sizes - it gives a great overview!!! If the prices where right, i would have chosen two 24"

So.. I'll say go with the 22"

Michael

Appreciate the opinion! It's difficult to simply "imagine" two monitors this size on my desk and decide on whether or not it's too much or not. :)