Opinions wanted

Nuno Filipe

You talkin' to me?
Jul 1, 2009
Portugal
Man, I didnt mix anything for months, now I am doing a mix for my shit and I am tired as hell, everything sounds like shit!lol

I think my mixes lately are becoming more and more bright, now it seems that is in the point of ear fatigue or might be just me being tired of this.
Anyway I am more interested in feedback about the guitar tone and brightness. Because I know the mix is not well balanced, it´s being processed!lol

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1457645/thy4.mp3

Is this a good tone, are the mix very bright?
I have to go back and listen to a lot of metal music again to develop my ear, many months wihout mixing fucks my perception. :mad:

I am mixing at the moment so I'm not very objective and my ears are a bit tired too but it does not sound too bright to me! I think your guitar tone sounds a bit too much synthetic for me, maybe an lpf could fix that. Also, I'd bring the drums up, they're sounding a bit thin. That's not bad man, at least to me!

Thanks man! I agree with you. About the guitar being synthetic that´s probably because it´s an ampsim!lol but I know what you mean, there is some nasty high frequencies there and the saturation that I add, doesnt help much.
Yeah man, after doing this for hours I didnt notice that the drums are thin and almost swallowed by the other instruments.

I dont think its too hot in the highs and its glued together nicely (to these gimp ears anyways). Personal opinions, certain cymbals are a bit loud to the rest of the kit and i agree with Heabow that they could be a little more up front. Also the keys/synths are a little loud but that's a preference thing. I think overall it sounds pretty tight. I wouldnt get a mix that balanced on my best day. Good work dude.