Optimist/Pessimist

I wonder if somebody actually reads all of this shit. Sure sure...why the hell not. :p

Let me elaborate a little more on what I was trying to say... First of all, I'm well aware that my little utopian vision will never be a reality, it's an unattainable goal, but it's something to aim for. I understood what you were saying. Really I did. I was trying to give an example how I see a lot of things. "Call me what you will." What a wonderful thing, eh? :rolleyes: Being Optimistic is probably one of the healthiest (less stressful) ways to look at life. I can't set my mind like that. It's out of control. You see?!?! :loco:

"Captured by the night. The yearning escapes from my embrace.

Originally posted by Trapped
the optimist understands why the world's gone down the drain
the pessimist never bends, constricting thoughts in vain
from the pessimist's point of view there's nothing we can do
as I paint this picture gray and taste the pain
I'll play the optimist...

I really like that.. though I typically play the realist/pessimist. If a situation seems like it won't go in my favour (due to the odds being severely against me), I'll see it as such. Rarely do I wear rose-coloured glasses.

When people tell me to be optimistic, they always have this blank, happy expression on their face.. like they're hypnotized, every time! Makes me think that there's some truth behind pessimism, some validity.

Right now, I can tell how much this post sucks.. and I can FORSEE that it won't get any better.

I like being pessimistic. Makes me feel like I actually have an opinion for some reason. I also like being negetive, morbid and crass. Anyone else feel the same? Or do you (the overwhelming majority here being pessimists) feel bad about feeling bad?

(Wow.. it still sucks)

whatever :loco:

NP: Opeth - Nectar

(and it's tripping me out right now)

Damn, I can find myself in all these posts!!

I don't know what it is but all my life I've been drawn to the dark corners of life,
looked at those in the spotlights with mixed feelings.
But being a pessimist in the end brings with it the feeling that I simply wasn't good enough and I'm tired of this.
I don't feel bad about feeling bad, but there are a lot of assholes worth less than yourself, and they're just walking over you! :mad:

I'll never be an optimist, I know I'm just not tough enough for it,

but I try to see myself as a good person and I'll just see where this will lead me!!

yeah i too would describe myself as a cynical optimist, i always like to think things will work out for the better but i think i've been around long enough to know how this world works, hey shit happens!

the optimist understands why the world's gone down the drain
the pessimist never bends, constricting thoughts in vain
from the pessimist's point of view there's nothing we can do
as I paint this picture gray and taste the pain
I'll play the optimist...

- Optimist or pessimist? -: WD

bah bad bastard! i wanted to quote the same....i would consider me as realist ;) :loco: