Origin STT-1 Millennia

Very nice, even pre's, but ULTRA CLEAN. If you're looking for any kind of color or added texture or attitude from these, keep looking. We often use these at work for commercial voiceovers, and I often use them for any classical recordings. I can't emphasize how clean they are. :OMG:

awesome, it will be used mainly for vocals and non-coloured is what I've been after - linking it up with the FireFace 800 / Nuemann 149 / Nuendo should be a decent combination

Yep cool for vox, acoustic guitar, etc. I would compare it with the Avalon VT 737 before you buy. Dont even think you'll use it to mic cabs for heavy guitar tone though. Very clean. Not a big fan of Melinnia myself. No tone of its own. Very very clean.

Colin

Yep, I agree with Colin. If you want something very clean, but with a little personality, I'd recommend the 9098 EQ. They're quite reasonably priced these days, and have quite usable eq. They sound quite good(Andy uses them on a lot of stuff, I believe), and are pretty flexible. There are lots of pre's out there these days that aren't very colored, but do impart a nice personality, and the 9098 is one of them.

The use was definately for Vocals and I was after a very clean sound.

The Buzz Audio MA 2.2 was the other contender, which I found just awesome - but they are very hard to get hold of.

For the Heavy Guitars, I was thinking of just Fireface/SM57 --> JCM800 and for the solo work using the POD.

Personally, I'd go for the Buzz Audio piece. It may be harder to find, but it's worth it. That company rules. Just curious, what makes you so determined to get an ultra clean pre for vox anyhow? Also, why aim so high for the vocal chain and so mediocre for the guitars?