Original Pressings

^ I meant the vinyl version without the bonus tracks... If you meant that than it's definitly not a rare...

i do think the vinyl version of bwp is pretty rare, pressed in 1000 copies. ive seen it on ebay go around for 180-190 dollars.

are you joking? I can go out to the shop just on the other side of the street and buy it for the same price as other vinyls... we MUST be talking about different albums...

Hehe it's funny seeing everyone in here talking about Opeth merchandize as if they're the biggest thing in music. :) I guess I could put my little input in... I have a mint-condition, never-played, Morningrise vinyl. :)

:Wreath: said:
are you joking? I can go out to the shop just on the other side of the street and buy it for the same price as other vinyls... we MUST be talking about different albums...
go to opeth.com and click bwp and then vinyl.

this one, released on mfn ltd to 1000 copies.

big_vinyl.jpg

Yeah you are talking about different albums, and you're wrong...ive seen it go on ebay for over 300 Australian dollars. And the BWP vinyl was never released with bonus tracks. I think you dont have a clue what you're talking about.

he may not be lying. ive seen a few random record shops who hate great rarities just sitting on the shelf at retail prices even though the 2ndary market showed otherwise price increases. it happens, but he could be talking out of his ass as well.

Detric said:
go to opeth.com and click bwp and then vinyl.

this one, released on mfn ltd to 1000 copies.

big_vinyl.jpg
what does that picture have to do with anything?
and the BWP 2 cd slipcase is $14 at the end records iirc.

How much would they be worth autographed by all the band members?

Omg, an Orchid and Morningrise vinyl signed by Johan and Anders... (+ Mike and Peter). Now that would be cool...

Splintered Vision said:
Yeah you are talking about different albums, and you're wrong...ive seen it go on ebay for over 300 Australian dollars. And the BWP vinyl was never released with bonus tracks. I think you dont have a clue what you're talking about.

Hahah well I'm not a vinyl fan since my adapter (or whatever it's called) broke down like 15 years ago and I was always too lazy to repair it so I'm not up there when it comes to vinyl releases...

BUT! I wasn't lying about the BWP vinyl - it really is in the shop around the corner for the same price as the rest... But I see nothing special about it: it's just the vinyl version of the album, hence me trying to work out if you were talking about some special edition or something...

I mean really, the normal edition may not be a popular thing here but wherever there are Opeth vinyls, I can easily find BWP, for the same price...

However as you said, I may not have a clue what goes on here :lol:

EDIT: oh if you meant the version with that superman drawn on the disc, then I'm sure you can't find that in our shops :lol:

BUT! I wasn't lying about the BWP vinyl - it really is in the shop around the corner for the same price as the rest... But I see nothing special about it: it's just the vinyl version of the album, hence me trying to work out if you were talking about some special edition or something...

There isnt a special edition of the BWP vinyl...its just the original CD release on vinyl.

Mr. Bland said:
How much would they be worth autographed by all the band members?

Omg, an Orchid and Morningrise vinyl signed by Johan and Anders... (+ Mike and Peter). Now that would be cool...

Not alot as NineFeetUnderground stated. But to put it into some perspective.

A while ago there was a fully signed BWP album (with lopez) and it went for 40 dollars AU on eBay. Too bad I didnt have that amount of money at that time (I bought a euro MAYH for 22 AU)