orlando 10/21

this will be my 7th time seeing them, my brothers 2nd. I'm gonna try and get to the front. So, is it just baroness as support?

I'll be there. 10th time seeing them. i'll be wearing my MAYH long sleeve. I have a 1.5 hour drive, so I'm leaving my house around 4-4:30.

I'll be the guy in the black shirt with long hair.

You wouldn't be the guy that was in St. Pete, at the bar across from the State Theater (can't remember the bar's name) watching the Rays game, on Saturday night, (on Oct. 11th) with my old drummer's band playing? And you kept Amon Amarth playing on the jukebox, eh?

The HOB in Orlando is one of my favorite venues. I'm envious of you all. Enjoy the show !!
Wish I could be there

i'll be there with my girlfriend....probably just wearing normal nice clothes, i don't really have any good band shirts besides a MAYH hoodie, and i don't plan on drenching that with sweat.

so, just look for the two really out-of-place looking people

I love the HOB, Im so glad they chose it (like last time) over the hard rock. Cant wait to see opeth again! Itll be my 5th.

I wanted this to be the time I get to meet the guys, but sadly myself and a few others have class tomorrow (mine is at 8am at Stetson).

Look for a guy that looks like an American Steven Wilson with a Still Life shirt, that's me. :p

Show was pretty good overall....i think i've seen Opeth so many times, and know their songs so throroughly, that the "magic" of seeing them live has worn off. Each song was done to perfection, however.

Baroness was good...for the first two songs. After that, i was ready for something different. Regular ol' metal like that just gets on my nerves after a while, unless it can offer some interesting dynamics or unique ideas. If i had to sum up their songs, i'd say they're a good collection of metal riffs sort of in the style of Mastodon, but not as creative. Of course, i was wanting them to stop playing so the mighty Opeth could take the stage.

My girlfriend and I were just about smack dab in the center of the floor (for whatever reason, the balcony was closed???) and during the first two songs we got pretty thrashed by those idiot moshers....what a fucking god-awful distraction. I'm trying to watch what my favorite band is playing, and we're getting pushed all over the place - at one point, my PocketPC got knocked out of my hand and stepped all over (i was recording Heir Apparent), and it's now broken. Thanks, tweens.

The mix was alright, i could hear Axe's kit very well, and it was a pleasure to watch him play (especially The Drapery Falls, he really added a lot to that song in the middle section). Mike's guitar tone was a bit dull and muddy compared to Akkeson's, and it affected the clarity of notes during his solos. I could barely hear Mendez at all, and that was a shame. I kinda had to imagine what he was playing, based on his fretboard work. My favorite addition of Per's is during Demon of the Fall, right when the "Run Away" part begins. He uses a Hammond sound, and sweeps up the keyboard right as the section explodes in your face...

This will probably be one of the last few times i see Opeth live....as I watched, i couldn't help but question myself as to why that's not ME up there yet....Back to practicing, anyhow.

Baroness was good...for the first two songs. After that, i was ready for something different. Regular ol' metal like that just gets on my nerves after a while, unless it can offer some interesting dynamics or unique ideas. If i had to sum up their songs, i'd say they're a good collection of metal riffs sort of in the style of Mastodon, but not as creative. Of course, i was wanting them to stop playing so the mighty Opeth could take the stage.

Agreed, definitely. I was kind of excited that they werent some lame nu metal band, and maybe there would be a decent opener for once... after 2 songs they all sounded the same, so that wore off.

Opeth was great though, I yelled out "whats up with the firebird shirts?" once and mike ignored it, but I really wanted to know! There has to be a hilarious back story as to why per, mike, and mendez all had the same shirt. Then some of the drunk fratboys asked a few times asking the question and it was ruined. These same guys yelled throughout the show, and it was pretty annoying. Eh, what are you going to do.

On another note, whats up with all the tiny kids? I mustve seen at least a hundred 12 year olds, most up on the rail, but some trying to mosh. It was disturbing to think that Opeth is getting MTV kids as fans because of the stupid PH video.

And I want to shout out to a forum member I met here, his name started with a D I think, I cant remember because it was loud and now Im really tired. Good meeting you, man! Hope your friends got there on time.