orlando? argh!

dragonfear

contemplatingOpethtattoo
So, yeah - I'm going to Orlando for the 12FEB show - as it stands now, alone. A total of 15 people are actively *not* going with me. Stupendous! Anybody want to meet up and go? Of course people *do* go alone, but the loners all feel like goddamn tools, standing on the floor and staring around.

And now, for a list of why people aren't going to the show with me (in random order):
1. teaches music, can't miss lessons or will lose ~$250 (1)
2. just *have* to be gone for 4 days for 1-year wedding anniversary (2)
3. far too lazy to switch work schedule (2)
4. stationed in Korea (military) for a year (3)
5. don't check answering machine OR dead (unsure) (2)
6. skin cancer removal surgery (verified reason - it's my brother) (1)
7. live in St. Louis AND very poor (2)
8. live in Chicago AND also very poor (1)
9. deployed to Iraq (military) (1)

So, as you can see, this has been a banner month for me - any takers? I'll even drive your ass there if you leave close enough to me (I'm in the Cape Canaveral area). And I'm definitely getting there in time for Moonspell, even if that other assy opening band happens to play second that night.

dragonfear said:
So, yeah - I'm going to Orlando for the 12FEB show - as it stands now, alone. A total of 15 people are actively *not* going with me. Stupendous! Anybody want to meet up and go? Of course people *do* go alone, but the loners all feel like goddamn tools, standing on the floor and staring around.

So, as you can see, this has been a banner month for me - any takers? I'll even drive your ass there if you leave close enough to me (I'm in the Cape Canaveral area). And I'm definitely getting there in time for Moonspell, even if that other assy opening band happens to play second that night.

I'm going to the Orlando show, but I already have a ride and all.

mysweetdeath said:
I'm going to the Orlando show, but I already have a ride and all.
Yeah, my friend from Gainesville is meeting me there. When I went there For Dream Theater, I went alone, because my friends couldn't. I ended up hanging around some Colombian kids who wanted me to make a list of some bands to check out. Funny enough, Opeth was on that list! Look for a frizzy haired guy, ask if he's Mike, that's my gainesville friend, I got long blonde hair, and naturally be wearing a Blackwater Park longsleeve. And some kind of sports hat. See you there, man...at least you're going, you'll regret it if you don't! :headbang:

ramses said:
Yeah, my friend from Gainesville is meeting me there. When I went there For Dream Theater, I went alone, because my friends couldn't. I ended up hanging around some Colombian kids who wanted me to make a list of some bands to check out. Funny enough, Opeth was on that list! Look for a frizzy haired guy, ask if he's Mike, that's my gainesville friend, I got long blonde hair, and naturally be wearing a Blackwater Park longsleeve. And some kind of sports hat. See you there, man...at least you're going, you'll regret it if you don't! :headbang:
Ha,Ha,Ha COlombian kids?? It would be kick ass if I can meet metal Heads, from MY country.

By the way, most of the shows I've been to, I've gone by myself, and I got to know some cool people.

For what I see Orlando has more fans than Ft. Lauderdale, I might be going, if I can get somebody to come with me. Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale is like what, 3 hours??

charnee said:
Is no one going to the Tampa show??
The main reason I'm going to the Orlando show, is because for some strange reason, their tickets went on sale first, and I only had enough money to go to one show. And I got a little paranoid about the Masquerade cancelling for some stupid reason, because last show which was Halford, Immortal, and others, got cancelled, and the Masquerade didn't tell anyone about them cancelling. I'm going to try to go to the Tampa show, if I can come up with some leftover money, after paying my bills. :Smug:

I'm covering the orlando show for metalreview.com. Not that I really post on this board anymore, but if anyone wants to say hey, here's me:

ian-1-04.JPG