Orphaned Land at ProgPower Europe

Havermout

Focused
Feb 11, 2002
The Netherlands
www.havermout.net
I did replied to a thread about PP Europe last weekend in Baarlo yesterday, but somehow this thread ended up in an unrecoverable error at the database it seems since it vanished completely.

So, another attempt....i really enjoyed the OL show this weekend at PP, was looking forward to their set after reading all the good things about their performance at PP usa a couple of weeks back. Now i feel less sorry for missing this years edition of PP usa.

It will take some time before the entire picture gallery will be online, but i couldn't resist in showing you this one already. I'll post the link when the rest is up

DSC_0371.jpg

Henk

π is the 16th letter of the Greek alphabet and it's expressing the ratio of the circumference of a perfect circle to its diameter.
π =3,14 (The whole digits of π are over 10.000.000 !!!)
Archimedes was an Ancient mathematician, physicist, engineer, astronomer and philosopher that "discovered" π after mathematic research.
As for the geometry scheme,it's the quadrature of the circle. It's a problem proposed by ancient Greek geometers, of using ruler-and-compass constructions, in a finite number of steps, to make a square with the same area as a given circle.
For all the restive spirits in here,you can watch "Pi" movie.A great paranoia(?) film !!! ;) :worship:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/

Henk! *waves*

We missed you this year. :( I'm glad you had a good time at PPE, though, and I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!

jaimek said:
Henk! *waves*

We missed you this year. :(

*waves back*

thanks, missed all of you as well. Was hard to see you all had a good time (again) in Atlanta without me, but luckily we got at least a part of all the fun as well with Orphaned Land here in Europe.

Give me some time to work all the pics out, but i can tell you they turned out better than you've seen from previous gigs....i think the one in the first post proves.....be patient.

O, love to see your pics!I do not want to add to the injury by stating that PP USA was wonderful, but it really was!
It was my first time in the States and going there with Orphaned Land was the best debut I could make!!!

How did u enjoy the dutch song they plyed? I thought it was a wonderful surprise for everyone and after the initial shock a lot of people were singing along.

Morticia NL. said:
How did u enjoy the dutch song they plyed? I thought it was a wonderful surprise for everyone and after the initial shock a lot of people were singing along.

Yeah, that was a great surprise. Very cool, special and brave to perform a song like this at a festival like PP. I can't remember seeing any foreign band to perform a native and so popular song on stage. Proves to me that the band enjoys playing and entertain their audience.

My first visit to the US was also ProgPower (back in 2001) been addicted ever since, did the trip 4 times now.