Evergrey headlines PP Europe !

Havermout

Focused
Feb 11, 2002
The Netherlands
www.havermout.net
Just got the news that EG will headline this year's edition of PP Europe. The played several times before (including the first ever PP) but it's good to have them back on stage in Holland.

After missing the second show a couple of months ago during their short Belgium/Holland tour it's good to see them at least one more time this year :).

See ya in October!

(how are the kids?) H.

PP Europe, October 2-3-4 2009, Baarlo, The Netherlands
Website PP Europe

Nice! Too bad it's $650-$700 to fly to Amsterdam from here, not to mention show tickets and a hotel.

They're supposed to be back on the East Coast this fall, though - I sure hope so, because I haven't seen 'em in ... when was the last time I saw them? I can't remember. Mike was still with the band, that's how long it's been. Jaxx in 06 or 07, I think.

Edit: oh wow. I think the universe is totally trying to convince me to go. I was looking at the PPE website, and I checked airfare from their other recommended airports. I can't get to Eindhoven from here, but I can fly to Düsseldorf for $500, which is incredibly reasonable.

I'm going to think very very hard about this.

You should, since the line-up for Progpower Europe this year is extremely awesome already (with Seventh Wonder and Andromeda playing too), and the festival atmosphere is incredible each year as well :)

I'm excited I'll get to see Evergrey play again for the second time this year :D

I'm going! :kickass:

I will be arriving a day early and hanging out in Düsseldorf, mostly so I can sleep off the jet lag before the festival - I can't sleep on planes, so I need that buffer or you'll find me huddled in a corner of the venue, weeping from exhaustion. Not so much fun.

Woohoo! I've been looking for an excuse to come back to Europe...

It can be October now, please?

That was an excellent show last night at PP in Baarlo. A great gig even they were really tired after more than 2 weeks touring in Europe.

The accoustic set was moved to the diner break (a very good choice to split this part from the regular set later that day) and the regular set brought us the next songs:

Fear
As i lie here bleeding
Soaked
More than ever
She speaks to the dead
Watching the skies
In remembrance
Blinded
End of your days
The masterplan
Still in the water
Monday morning Apocalypse
Words mean nothing
I'm sorry

Encore:
When the walls go down
Recreation day
Broken wings
A touch of blessing

Really missed Solitute Within, but hey, you can't have them all.

It will take some weeks before the pics from the entire weekend are finished and online, but i will post the link for the EG pics here when i'm done.

DSC_9095.jpg

Evergrey on stage at PP europe 2009

DSC_8484.jpg

Acoustic set during diner break

H.

it was really great but one thing really disappointed me : the time of the accoustic show was not mentioned on PPEurope's web site !!! And according to the program of the web site I went at 6.30 to see Neverland and I saw Evergrey on stage !!! First I was really afraid since I thought it was the normal show that was put earlier but then I saw that it was accoustic so I went to the entrance to ask what was going on and they showed me the program on the wall and Evergrey had an accoustic show from 6.15 to 6.40 so I missed all :((( that was terrible ... but since I won the fancontest, I went to see them on bacstage after the show and I think that I will never forget those moments... after so many days on tour, after the show, the signing session, despite how tired they probably were they still had time for us, smiling and talking like very old friends, it was amazing ... I was adoring them as musicians and now I am adoring them as persons as well ...

the change was a last minute call and even got me surprised (and ruined my diner plans as well), changing the time schedule on the website as well is probably not a thing that has got first priority on such a short notice.

It has been over a week already and it will take some time before i've finished the rest of the pics, a little teaser to make it up ;)

DSC_9137.jpg

H.