Orphaned Land DVD (2nd trailer posted 10/10)

Having a brain seizure right now and can't figure out which PT song they're playing "noodling" in the background when Steven Wilson is talking. I know the song, but just can't place the name of it.

I thought it was just Orphaned Land's "The Beloved's Cry". Unless there's some PT song that sounds just like it and Wilson merged the two? Since it sounds like he also rather importantly changed the lyric, from "there's nothing left from my dearest love" to "there's nothing left BUT my dearest love"!

Neil

I thought it was just Orphaned Land's "The Beloved's Cry". Unless there's some PT song that sounds just like it and Wilson merged the two? Since it sounds like he also rather importantly changed the lyric, from "there's nothing left from my dearest love" to "there's nothing left BUT my dearest love"!

Neil

No, it's what's being played while Wilson is talking but not playing. Around 2:46. I _think_ it's something off Stupid Dream.

Wow! Looking forward to this disc. This is what I want to hear from Orphaned Land. The full range and diversity of their music.

Sadly on their last tour of the States, it was anything but. They were on a death metal bill. So their short set was loud, distorted and only death vocals. It was a indistinguishable wall of noise. Missing any of the refinement and skill shown in these clips. A total waste of my time and money.

Personally, I never thought they lived up to their potential at PP either. For the two electric performances or the one acoustic show. Their were moments of good music and sound but nothing like the engaging musicscape they created for Mabool or OrWarrior.

Durrr, it's "A Smart Kid". I'm an idiot. Finally clicked in my head...

Good catch. First three notes are the same, but then the rest of the figure seems closer to "The Beloved's Cry", which is what I was hearing. Maybe that's just what an OL guy falls back to when he's trying to improv a PT song. Or, it *is* some really clever merging of the two songs. I guess we'll have to wait until the DVD is released to learn the final answer to this, one of the most important questions of our time!

Hear the figure from TBC here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkpbq3sAngE&feature=player_detailpage#t=53s

Neil

Glenn - can you change all of my current and future sponsorship bids to "Orphaned Land with Steven Wilson"? Thanks.

Wow! Looking forward to this disc. This is what I want to hear from Orphaned Land. The full range and diversity of their music.

Sadly on their last tour of the States, it was anything but. They were on a death metal bill. So their short set was loud, distorted and only death vocals. It was a indistinguishable wall of noise. Missing any of the refinement and skill shown in these clips. A total waste of my time and money.

Personally, I never thought they lived up to their potential at PP either. For the two electric performances or the one acoustic show. Their were moments of good music and sound but nothing like the engaging musicscape they created for Mabool or OrWarrior.

Katatonia is death metal? Also did it ever occur to you that bad sound has nothing to do with the other bands on the bill's genre but because the opening band doesn't usually have a soundguy or much time to soundcheck?

Katatonia is death metal? Also did it ever occur to you that bad sound has nothing to do with the other bands on the bill's genre but because the opening band doesn't usually have a soundguy or much time to soundcheck?

Yeah, it wasn't a death metal bill. The closest thing to that was Swallow the Sun and they're more in the death/doom/dark metal genre. Katatonia hasn't been death/doom for quite some time. As for the sound, when they were in Chicago, they sounded fine. However, like AS said, typically the openers don't have as great of a sound as the headliners.

They sounded great in Dallas as well. The set was pretty much their second Progpower set updated with a couple more songs from ORwarriOR.

Sadly on their last tour of the States, it was anything but. They were on a death metal bill.

double-facepalm.jpg

via http://www.bravewords.com/news/167303

ORPHANED LAND have launched a second trailer for their first-ever DVD release, The Road To OR-Shalem. It will be issued this winter, full details to follow.

Vocalist Kobi Farhi comments “Shalom and Salam upon all of you - after a long process of editing and filming, we can let you see a small glimpse of our debut DVD, titled The Road To OR-Shalem. This was a fantastic show where we celebrated our 20th anniversary with lots of fans who came from all over the world to Tel-Aviv. For those of you who haven't noticed - after 20 years of hard work you have to pay attention - as the rise of Middle Eastern Metal has begun! Please also check our website for our European headlining tour dates - we shall see you all for a Middle Eastern Metal party in your hometown very soon! Let there be light!”

Last edited by a moderator:
From Orphaned Land:

Hello everyone - we are proud to present you the Deluxe edition of "The Road To OR-SHALEM" DVD.

- More than 2.5 hours of live footage from the 20th anniversary show
- Featuring 10 musicians on stage, including special featuring of Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree)
- 23/23cm size hardback book with bronze logo.
- 66 full colored pages!
- Stereo and 5.1 mixes
- Double DVD includes a 30 minuites Documentry - including interviews with the band and Steven Wilson
- Audio CD includes 17 songs from the show.
- Video Clips
- Photos Slide

Place your order NOW at - www.orphaned-land.com

DVD preview -

Let there be light,
Orphaned Land

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to the dvd and also happy that we got something called Play.com, meaning i can order the dvd/cd edition for £13.99 which is about $22 and free delivery. :)

And looking forward to see O.L live again in November with Myrath as support.