Orpheus Omega - Karma Favours The Weak

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Hey guys,
We just released the first video clip from our upcoming album, 'PARTUM VITA MORTEM'.

I engineered and mixed this and was mastered by Crystal Mastering here in AU.
Would love it if you guys gave it a spin :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got round to seeing it, it's awesome! The band playing parts might be a bit too shaky for my taste, and I know shaky cameras are perfectly common in metal videos, my own band has it a lot in our first video, but this one made me lose focus several times hahaha still great though, and the production the song is perfect!

been watching this a few time now! great stuff all around! guitars might be a bit dark, but it fits so why bother!

Reaaaaaally liking the way you integrated clean vocals into your music man!

Thanks so much for the feedback guys, really very much appreciated :D
We had a blast doing the clip. And the clean vocals were a funny one when we did them. I've been doing cleans outside of Orpheus Omega for a while, but never in the band. And when it worked in a few songs it was like, well.. fuck it, let's do it. It sounds good to us, hopefully people don't hate it. I'm glad that it's been getting a really positive response so far \m/

True about the clean vocals, that chorus sounds a lot like In Flames when they were awesome.

Hit the nail on the head. The chorus really reminds me of Trigger's chorus from In Flames, which is a great thing.

Other than that, as much as I adore your old work, this song has a different style and is quite refreshing. That fucking riff at 0:26 is INSANE.

Hit the nail on the head. The chorus really reminds me of Trigger's chorus from In Flames, which is a great thing.

Other than that, as much as I adore your old work, this song has a different style and is quite refreshing. That fucking riff at 0:26 is INSANE.

Thanks a lot dude. Much appreciated. We're all definitely very happy with the overall music direction on this album, but there's a lot of unexpected moments in there too so I'm looking forward to how it's received when it's out. Only a few short weeks left :D