Osiris - Bow Down WIP

dani

beat defective
Sep 12, 2008
This is sick!

I sampled the Born of Osiris kick for you, you should post the song with this kick instead.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/986400/Boo Kick.wav

As far as your mix is concerned, I think the snare is much too quiet. I also think the guitars need more meat. I would maybe think about boosting around 180 - 200 hz range. Also, the whole mix is lacking any high end. In the whole mix, if you want more of a Born of Osiris sound, I'd boost around 120 - 140 hz, 600 - 700 hz, and also around 5.12 k

aha, thanks a lot!

replacing the kick will be one of the last things to be done, as the only decent free replacers are windows only, so when the mix finally gets brought to windows, i'll do it then.

i'll try out the eq'ing soon. believe it or not, there is no post-eq on it, it's straight out of podfarm.. hahaha.

thanks,

fucking epic mate, gonna try open arms to damnation or empires erased once i've got that parkway drive thing sorted. How did you get the guitars to sound so tight without them being boomy on the breakdowns? Could you post your tone setting?

and cheers for the kick sample i fucking love B.O.O

sorry but can you tell me how I can download that kick sample? all that happens when i click on the link is that it plays in my web browser

I haven't heard the first mix, only listening to the newer version...dare I say this??

The guitars are tad too loud I think, overpowering the kick and snare, taking away the thumpiness needed for the massive breakdowns and chugs!

another update!

replaced with the machine head kick. the boo one didn't really sound that great in the mix, thanks anyways placent!

the guitars are now 7170, going through the AWESOMETIME impulse (quite meaty, it is). i need to work on the guitar sound a bit more. also bear in mind, i'm not going for a completely authentic cover :) this shall become clear when vocals are done! aha.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/726501/bowdown MH kick.mp3

thanks,