OT: Any artists here?

I've been drawing since I was about 4, stopped for a while, learned to play music, then got back into art. I mainly draw and paint (I'm decent, I guess), and I was a graphic design major in college. I also got into photography recently. Music is my strongest talent though.

I write some poems now and then, but mostly I only write like one line at time. If I come to think of something cool I write it down, and sometimes I try to assemble lines that go under the same "theme" into poems. I didn't really choose to become a poet its just that sense I don't sing, paint or play any instrument it feels like it's the only way I can be really creative.

So what other music does fellow poets listen to?

Im really into Bruce Dickinson's solo works and my poems are heavily influenced by his songs. Other albums I find cool are Helloween's "The Dark Ride", Iron Maiden's "Virtual XI" and Black Sabbath's "Dehumanizer". Im also into Dream Theater and Blind Guardian.

Okay, since there are so many visual artist here, I need to ask a question of all of them (and anyone else who would like to state their opinion). I'm currently working on a painting (I posted it below), but I'm confused about the proportions of the girl. I used a grid to copy from a picture that I took of myself doing the same thing, but the hand looks like it's too small... So, now I'm confused. I'm really happy with this painting so far, and I don't want to fuck it up, so before I paint the girl, what do you guys think about the size of the hand?
DSC00366.jpg

ThornsOfSorrow said:
Okay, since there are so many visual artist here, I need to ask a question of all of them (and anyone else who would like to state their opinion). I'm currently working on a painting (I posted it below), but I'm confused about the proportions of the girl. I used a grid to copy from a picture that I took of myself doing the same thing, but the hand looks like it's too small... So, now I'm confused. I'm really happy with this painting so far, and I don't want to fuck it up, so before I paint the girl, what do you guys think about the size of the hand?

The hand looks fine to me, it's gonna be great drawing btw.

i dont know if this qualifies, but i just finished writing a story, its kind of funny coz i had a dream of it and had the need to write it down, its about the creation of the universe...and it turned to be a little longer than i expected (like 50 pages) coz i only wanted to write like a page or maybe two (lol).

Soul of Ice said:
The dying art of Stained Glass. I would post pictures of my work, but I have none on this computer.

That really rules! Do you do work for churches, or smaller-scale projects?

Cool cool, I just recently got into playing the Guitar-But as I mentioned previously in this post I'm an awsome artist... I draw, do martial arts, I'm alo goig to be going to school for Cinematography!

PS: I also recently got hired to paint a video store-and I'm doing an awsome Graffiti art XBOX Logo on the wall \m/ my next task to tackle is some Symphony X art!
---
NOTE: Here ya we got some of my digital art work, I ama starwars fan so enjoy the lightsabres w00p w00p! There is a few others as well!
---
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/seanproulx/6100ccab.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/seanproulx/mesword.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/seanproulx/minou_melanie.jpg

Rose Immortal said:
That really rules! Do you do work for churches, or smaller-scale projects?

The difference between most church glass and what I do is that the panes are painted, I used different colored glass to make an image. I can make large windows but I prefer smaller pieces. Probably my favorite piece is of a Homer Simpson bust.

Xtopher said:
i dont know if this qualifies, but i just finished writing a story, its kind of funny coz i had a dream of it and had the need to write it down, its about the creation of the universe...and it turned to be a little longer than i expected (like 50 pages) coz i only wanted to write like a page or maybe two (lol).

that sounds really interesting. i want to read it. i love writing as well. i also want to get some cheap guitars to carve on and make texture and paints. that would be fun.