OT: Black Sabbath "13"

Overall, I like the album. But, there is a lot of familiar sounding material. I guess if Black Sabbath are going to rip anyone off, it should be Black Sabbath.:p

Really been giving this some listens lately and loving this record now.

I got the Best Buy 2-disk version with 4 bonus tracks. Really liking the whole thing overall.

I got the Best Buy 2-disk version with 4 bonus tracks. Really liking the whole thing overall.

Yeag I got the 2 disc version here in Australia, but mine only has 3 bonus tracks, Methademic, Peace of Mind, and Pariah. Awesome record from start to finish. I'm actually really surprised at just how good this is. :headbang:

It took me a bit to get into it. It seems to me there's plenty of bands that do black sabbath better than black sabbath. Ozzy's vox are what I expected, boring. There is some variety they throw in here and there and that's nice but it really feels like it's lacking in Dio. This is coming from someone who prefers The Ozzy era stuff but I felt like Dio's vox would have really carried the album. It seemed like what many bands do when they "return to form" they recycle the riffs and song structures from the core material and it comes off as forced in most cases. I think they should have just rocked it out. That being said, it has grown on me and I think it is a solid album. At the very least it is better than Technical Ecstacy. In short, when the riffs pick up, the album is great but is held back by Ozzy's horrid vocals. Ozz man, I love you but please quit.

Just got back from the Black Sabbath show in Tinley Park. GREAT show! Ozzy's voice was a little rough in spots, but judging from the youtube clips I've see so far, he's getting better as the tour rolls along.