OT: Brother Cane

Bamafan

Sep 11, 2010
Heart of Dixie
Last night I found out that a guy I graduated with has been the guitarist for Brother Cane since their second album. While they aren't a huge band, it wa nice to see that David can make a living playing music. We chatted for a couple of minutes last night. What a super, down to earth, nice guy.

This has no bearing on the board, but it was a pleasant surprise that I thought I would share.

LOVE me some Brother Cane. While I do prefer the debut, The second one is awesome too.

I'm not sure if Bryant Stokes will see this, but he'd get a kick out if it ... he's a big fan. Cool story! I've got one of the old high school friend/musician stories as well. The dude's name is Tony Obrohta, and he's had a really successful career as a guitarist in Nashville. He's played with Jo Dee Messina, Wynonna Judd, Suzy Bogguss, LeAnn Rimes, and is currently lead guitarist for Gretchen Wilson. The funny thing about Tony, I don't really remember him being a country music fan in school, but nearly all of his credits in music are in that genre. I guess you sometimes have to go where the money is.

Britt

I'm not sure if Bryant Stokes will see this, but he'd get a kick out if it ... he's a big fan. Cool story! I've got one of the old high school friend/musician stories as well. The dude's name is Tony Obrohta, and he's had a really successful career as a guitarist in Nashville. He's played with Jo Dee Messina, Wynonna Judd, Suzy Bogguss, LeAnn Rimes, and is currently lead guitarist for Gretchen Wilson. The funny thing about Tony, I don't really remember him being a country music fan in school, but nearly all of his credits in music are in that genre. I guess you sometimes have to go where the money is.

Britt

Some of the best musicians around play session work in Nashville. While I was never a big fan of country, it was always entertaining to see the musicians try to outdo one another in a live setting.