OT: Cameras at Opeth shows.

FastEddy

New Metal Member
May 2, 2008
I was going to take my digital SLR to the Toronto show,but when I talked to my buddy he said that most likely I would not be allowed in with it. Appararently SLR's are a no-no at most concerts. Anybody have any experience with this type of thing? Is it the policy of the band or the venue? I've seen some nice pics other board members have taken at shows, and I'd love to snap some of my own, but I'd hate to get to the show and have to check my camera at the door. How about "point and shoot" cameras? Any input or advice would be cool. Ed.

At last nights concert in Boston I got my small point and shoot in no problem. I think the SLR's are normally prohibited unless you have press pass because you can take professional quality photo's without the bands permission. I would call the venue to make sure.

At last night's show in Boston I got my digital recorder and small stero mic in to record the show. It came out like SHIT unfortunately. Bad planning on my part. But my point is that I think it really depends on the venue and the tightness of their security. I've heard that the Orpheum Boston are pains in the asses for security and I got my equipment in no problem. They didn't even pat us down. I'd suggest to scope out the security scene just before the gig. If your car is nearby, bring the camera back. If they don't check you at the door.....happy shooting!