OT: Chris Broderick & Shawn Drover leave Megadeth

Megadeth are the kind of band that never surprise me when someone leaves, but to have two leave at once seems a little weird. I have to wonder of Mustaine has a plan to bring Menza and Friedman back.

So weird I heard about Chris leaving many many months ago but then never heard anything else about it, I guess he must have changed his mind then.

Tragic news about Mustaine's missing mother in law. They believe they have found her body half a mile from where she went missing a few weeks ago.

Tragic news about Mustaine's missing mother in law. They believe they have found her body half a mile from where she went missing a few weeks ago.

I saw that and I have to wonder, why did it take so long to find her if she was that close?:guh:

Could Megadeth be coming to an end?

Odd that there's been no official word from their camp whatsoever.

Could Megadeth be coming to an end?

Odd that there's been no official word from their camp whatsoever.

I think Mustaine is dealing with family right now and will probably make an announcement after the funeral and holidays. Obviously just a guess on my part though.

I heard that Megadeth is in a bad way financially, and that's why these guys left. Apparently they were offered significantly smaller pay than before. It'll be interesting to see what happens next because the way to make big money is to bring back Menza and Friedman, or at least Poland, but I don't think they'll do it for anything less than a fair salary.

I heard that Megadeth is in a bad way financially, and that's why these guys left. Apparently they were offered significantly smaller pay than before. It'll be interesting to see what happens next because the way to make big money is to bring back Menza and Friedman, or at least Poland, but I don't think they'll do it for anything less than a fair salary.

I have to wonder if they're not still hurting from Gigantour 2012. Seemed like a good idea on paper, but at the end of the day I think Dave may have overestimated the drawing power of Megadeth and BLS. Not long after Gigantour, Megadeth were playing theaters and BLS were playing shitty hole in the wall clubs. They would have done fine in smaller venues, but arenas?

As far as bringing back Menza, Friedman, or Poland, you have to spend money to make money. Problem is, they might not have any money to spend. Not only that, but I'm really not sure bringing them back would make that big of a difference as far as ticket sales go.

It'll be interesting to see what the next move is. I really hope they come through this ok. I'm still a fan.