OT: Hot Fuzz

RemoWilliams

¯\(°_o)/¯ How meet Devil?
Nov 13, 2005
Obviously this isn't music related, more comedy and pertains more to the British folks around here since it was released there Feb. 14th. My question is how was the flick? I loved Shaun of the Dead and have high hope Hot Fuzz will have good laughs and performances. It wont' be out in the U.S. till April 20th, and I'm fiendin' to know the headsup. So if any one could help with a quick review, it would ease my mind. Thanks and sorry for the way off topic-ness of this. :headbang:

Man, like, i cannot really compare them.

Iäve been a Simon pegg/Nick Frost fan for god knows how many years, hahahaha

Hot fuzz is fucking hilarious. Like, it's nothing like shaun of the dead, it's just a fucking amazing standalone film!

The thing with it though, a lot of the humor is "if you live in the UK, you'll get it!".

Gunfight in somerfield! Hahahaha

Hot fuzz is fucking hilarious. Like, it's nothing like shaun of the dead, it's just a fucking amazing standalone film!

I definitely wasn't wanting "Shaun of the Dead with Cops", so I'm glad to hear the film can stand on its on with good humor and performance. Plus it has Stephen Merchant and various other cameos. Can't go wrong.

it was a mint film
but as gavin said, very british based opposed to american style comedies.
its a different style to shaun of the dead but still has the simon pegg signature to it.

Nice to see that they shot at least one small scene in my old neighbourhood in North London (well,....my ex's) despite most of it being shot in Somerset....The police station at the end was across the street from my old apartment.

Spaced rocked too.....

hang on, ive got a packet of jaffa cakes in my coat pocket!
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Yeah, we do love it down here. I almost pissed myself at Lock stock and two smoking barrels. i don't know how that movie goes with popularity and "street cred" in the UK, but to me that defines English humour well. Fucknig great movie.

Yeah, we do love it down here. I almost pissed myself at Lock stock and two smoking barrels. i don't know how that movie goes with popularity and "street cred" in the UK, but to me that defines English humour well. Fucknig great movie.

Incidently, i thought lock stock mostly sucked :lol::lol::lol:

Snatch is king! :D