OT ..Judas Priest in LA : My review

I agree with you there, Chris!!! I've had great memories of Priest and 'Snake shows! I had a blast, even from the cheap seats!

I must have been just a few feet away from you. I was in the pit in front of KK (left of center). Definitely great show. First time I saw priest was their Screaming for Vengeance tour. My favorite tour of there's has to be Painkiller (or Halford's tour of Halford, if you want to count that). Did any of you notice that KK's guitar necks had a KK embedded throughout the necks? Very cool. But man, he sure looks old. Freggin frail senior citizen (I know, we're getting old too), but he shreds on the guitar - Very Cool! Halford is supporting a pot belly now. The clothes he wore hid it most the time. But, I think he still has the most amazing voice. Glenn Tipton, awesome. He's changed the least. Ian Hill, I crack up how he's always kinda hidden in the back seat of the stage. Scot Travis, obviously the young guy. He looked like he was playing at idle most of the time along with a facial expression supporting that.

Never saw Whitesnake before, but always wanted to. They were great. David Coverdale can still nail those high notes. I was impressed.

I saw Sara before the show. That was cool. She had pit tix, but I didn't see her (probably because I was glued to the front row). I saw Brian Maiden in the pit, but didn't get a chance to say hi.

i was at the barrier stage left for whitesnake then my poor legs gave out. what amazing guitarists! doug and reb played fantastic and their harmonized solo spot was tasty! kinda lame playing a coverdale song before their show - but that's the 80z ego for ya! :lol: the whole stage swaggered under david!
i've never seen jp b4 - holy shit those riffs are even tighter live! i didn't know kk solo'd so much - i can't differentiate their tones. speaking of tone - why so much midrange - my poor ears! i escaped the pit again to enjoy the rest of the show straight back against the wall where it was less piercing. and yes - halford still has it! holy shit what a voice!
\m/

great 2 see you there sara-i can't believe you haven't seen JP before. seen em many times and this one might have been the best. especially the set list choices. now you know why they're the metal gods!!:headbang:

Yes! I was there, too! I didn't get to see you, Red Shirt, but that would have been cool! I thought it was an awesome show. Whitesnake really impressed me! David Coverdale sounded great. And it was cool when he told the crowd that he was now an American citizen. Of course, Priest was excellent, as always. The only down side was the horde of very rude guys who muscled their way up to the barrier. I couldn't take their rudeness anymore, so I went to the back of the pit to hang with my friends. That was the best part really, just having a good time with my buddies. At the end of the show, K.K. Downing threw a bunch of picks into the crowd. I snatched one up, and gave it to one of my friends. That was a cool way to end the show. It turned out nicely, despite those horrible, rude dudes up in the front.

Yes! I was there, too! I didn't get to see you, Red Shirt, but that would have been cool! I thought it was an awesome show. Whitesnake really impressed me! David Coverdale sounded great. And it was cool when he told the crowd that he was now an American citizen. Of course, Priest was excellent, as always. The only down side was the horde of very rude guys who muscled their way up to the barrier. I couldn't take their rudeness anymore, so I went to the back of the pit to hang with my friends. That was the best part really, just having a good time with my buddies. At the end of the show, K.K. Downing threw a bunch of picks into the crowd. I snatched one up, and gave it to one of my friends. That was a cool way to end the show. It turned out nicely, despite those horrible, rude dudes up in the front.
I guess I had some human padding o_O. I felt some shoving and looked back a few times, but just seemed like the typical crowd rowdiness. Then out of nowhere some dude is getting tossed over the rail, right over me! Poor guy, don't know if he deserved it or not, but from the look of the tossed guy, securities reaction, and what you're saying, sounds like he was bullied, outnumbered, and tossed. That sucks. :mad: Cool on catching a guitar pic. A few passed by me, even hit me, but no luck.

no JP or Whitesnake in LA, or MS...have seen them JP(86, 88, 05) and Halford(03), WS 4 times(84, 88x2, 89)....both bands play excellent live.

I can honestly say I did NOT understand Whitesnake. To me, it seemed like Guitar Hero Ultimate Cheese, almost like a comedy routine. I thought I was watching an ad for a new Guitar Hero game. Maybe a Guitar Center Ad?

JP was great! Victim of Changes and The Ripper were the highlights for me.

Yeah, dude! If you got to the Priest show at 9:00 am, you are pretty hard core! You truly deserved to be front row for that! You paid your dues to be up there, as opposed to those goofballs who showed up late, then muscled their way up front. Those guys wouldn't know about paying their dues, that's for sure.

Yeah, dude! If you got to the Priest show at 9:00 am, you are pretty hard core! You truly deserved to be front row for that! You paid your dues to be up there, as opposed to those goofballs who showed up late, then muscled their way up front. Those guys wouldn't know about paying their dues, that's for sure.

haha yea I hate those people! They'll pay .. some day they will! :D

It's ok.....I don't mean to hold a grudge. Just hope someday people like that will learn to be cool, and treat others with respect. Anyway, I still had a great time!

I can honestly say I did NOT understand Whitesnake. To me, it seemed like Guitar Hero Ultimate Cheese, almost like a comedy routine. I thought I was watching an ad for a new Guitar Hero game. Maybe a Guitar Center Ad?

JP was great! Victim of Changes and The Ripper were the highlights for me.

I saw the Judas Priest / Whitesnake show this summer too. I would have to agree with you here. The guitar solos were just TOO MUCH. To me, it was very Spinal Tappish to be putting this over on audiences in 2009. In the 80's, it was impressive, not anymore. However, I admit that Reb Beach is one hell of a happy person on that stage!!

Loved the Judas Priest show. It was such a huge wall of sound with the meaty rhythmn guitar parts loud and clear. Guitar solos nice and short and sweet. I also liked the fact that I don't think Rob Halford swore once during the whole show. The Whitesnake show with all of the swearing, again was just so dated and laughable.

Read about the tour but honestly what I really want to see is the full Nostradamus set :D

Anyway, last saw Priest last year at Glen Hell'n (heh) with my friend Chris, and the Pucks :) Great freaking show!