OT: Kerry Livgren stroke!!! :-(

wild bill guarnere

Champion of Ithaca
Aug 28, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
:OMG:This happened about 4 months ago, but I just found out about it: http://www.numavox.com/mystroke.html

Kerry is truly one of the great prog rock performers/writers of all time. In addition to playing guitar and keyboards for Kansas for 10 years, he wrote many Kansas songs including Carry On Wayward Son, Dust in the Wind, Song for America, Icarus - Borne of Wings of Steel, Miracles out of Nowhere, ... the list goes on. He has several top 40 hits and at least one top 10 hit to his credit. Here's to the musical genius' complete recovery and return to making the music that he is famous for!

I figured that since at least 2 SX members cite Kansas as a major influence, and a lot of SX fans are Kansas fans as well, this would be of interest to many in the group. If it's not appropriate, then I apologize, and please remove it.

Yeah, I heard about this when it happened. Livgren is a great musician and I have constantly enjoyed Kansas' (and Proto-Kaw's) music and their influence on Symphony X (and Fates Warning). I'm glad that he's doing well.

Long live Livgren, I have to get me some Proto Kaw. I've heard a few on XM that were great. His songs were always the better of the Kansas songs very much intune with my youth and musical taste that preceded and further followed. I do hope he recovers enough to playing again, I know how important that is to someone that has it in their blood.

Hate to say it j-dubs, but around the jesus shit i gave up reading and moved on. but apparently Hell, Whores, and High Heels has finished downloading so maybe that's a good thing.

I'm pretty good at ignoring the religious part of that, and focus on just how fucked up his stroke was. Enjoy the download, I know I would! :devil:

Livgrens faith can be heard in many of Kansas's songs, nothing new there. Can be heard in the music of many metal bands too. BFD

Thats nice, he didnt preach in the Kansas songs, you pick it up if you eval the lyrics, but it could also apply to those like myself that just simply believe in the personal power to overcome. I dont like people preaching either, I did at one time enjoy giving them a rash if they pushed it too far and didnt return the respect for my views. I choose to ignore bands that dwell on brutality.

but thanks anyhow for bashing in a thread about a dude that just had a stroke... thats... real... big of you.

And i choose to ignore those bands. It is a huge turn off for me, so I generally listen to other stuff.

I like to enjoy my music on a personal level, not have someone preaching to me. So that's the BFD.

What, no Narnia?

:)

Last edited by a moderator: