OT: Megadeth Remasters

Ok ppl, You can now go buy risk and md.45. Trust me. MD.45 sounds like the hardest megadeth to come out since countdown....even though it's not megadeth. It should be retitled 'HalfadetH'. Risk, although better now is still not as heavy as it should have been originally...but I will tell you it's more than listenable now. Go pick 'em up. On another note, I got the Sumkinda Monster EP today w/ the t-shirt in the package...Metallica pull out sum old ones for the live tracks and I'll be goddamned if the remix of Sumkinda Monster isn't just badass. This fucker who did the remix shortened the song, made the drums sound BETTER and gave the song some fucking balls. He deserves a fucking award.

Spreadingthe Living312 said:
I agree 100%..Fistful of Metal has all these pops in it..and State of Euphoria IS really lowly recorded....we should start a petition for rereleasing every album from Fistful Of Metal through Persistence Of Time...whos with me??? :wave:
You don't need to petition that! It's in "the planning stage". They will remaster them all eventually.

I think (hope) that Anthrax just remaster them without adding anything.
For example, listen to 'Madhouse' on your Spreading the Disease album, then listen to it on the Grand Theft Auto album. It sounds better on the Grand Theft Auto album.
I never heard the pre-remastered Melissa album by Mercyful Fate, but the remaster of it sounds as if the album was made with modern technology.
Am I making any sense?

That'd be great if Anthrax Re-Mastered Spreading the Disease.
I think the song on there are good, but they would be great with better production.
Scott told me the producer hosed them on that album.

On a side note, 'The System has Failed' Rules ass. This is by far te best Megadeth to come out since Youthanasia or maybe even countdown. The material that Poland contributed is just sick, and its reminiscent of KIMB...and yes, I will buy it when it comes out.the album art alone is deserving of the purchase. BTW there are 2 songs on the disc, 'Back In The Day' and 'Of Mice and Men' that are so about his time with and firing from metallica that it aint even funny. Go buy this in sept when its available. U won't regret it.

Yes yes....Remastering is good....but it would be great if one of the band members checked out this thread on the board...which i doubt.....It would be fucking great if they kept all the original artwork with extra pages for liner notes and more pics and packaged in a nice, unwearing digipak....

The band members do read this board. Some of them anyway. In Charlie's latest Blast Beat, he directly referenced a thread started by TimmyC. Also, anytime Mr. Wu posts, it is someone connected in some way to the band. There are multiple people that use that name, speculation is that it is mostly Scott and Charlie. In fact, one post made by Mr. Wu was definitely made by Scott. This was in a thread where someone was complaining about Scott's playing ability having declined, speculating as to whether he actually ever practiced. Mr. Wu responded to the thread stating something to the effect of "I work really hard" or something like that and was quite ticked. The band, Charlie and Scott in particular, do a really good job of communicating with us, via Blast Beats and Alpha Mails or posting as Mr. Wu on the forum. Mr. Wu may not post in this thread, but I bet someone has read it.

Scott