Megadeth Remasters

Who here is going to get any of the new Megadeth remasters? I know I'm going to try to get all of them! It is absolutely incredible the world of difference that Mr. Mustaine was able to make on the sound quality of every album. They all sound like brand new disks.

So which one is everybody going to get, and what does everyone think of them?

You can definitely count me in on getting Peace Sells, So Far, Rust and Countdown...the songs I've heard from those albums were incredible.

Don't think I'll get the others...never listened to them that much anyway.

Snowmaker said:
I'll be getting all of them. Risk is supposed to have the biggest change in sound. I have the Insomnia remix, it sounds a lot different.
I actually thought the remaster sounds even worse than the original. I'll definately get myself a copy of the Countdown to Extinction remaster album. I really hate the thin sound of the original.

What if Symphony X remastered some albums?* I think that would be awesome. Even V could sound way better.

*it's not that I think that's going to happen.

I'll definitely be getting most if not all of them. The KIMB remaster sounded REALLY good, so I have a good feeling about these. Though I don't think anything from CTE on really needs remastering. Plus on the MD.45 remaster, Mustaine is doing the vocals himself, so it'll almost be like a new Megadeth album. (Almost)

I have to say that I'm impressed by the remasters, except for Insomnia...if it's gonna be pop-metal than just leave it be...but whatever. I think I'll try to get my hands on them for the bonus tracks, and although the new mixes are outstanding, there's something about the old muddy mixes that makes them special, I don't know what it is. Maybe like the muddy mix is more representative of how they acted at the time, i.e., on drugs, drunk whatever.

I'll probably get them all anyway, but not right away.

They just released the remastered version of Ashes In Your Mouth. Needless to say, the remastered Countdown will be on my list of CD's to get.

MorphineChild205 said:
They just released the remastered version of Ashes In Your Mouth. Needless to say, the remastered Countdown will be on my list of CD's to get.
I couldn't get over the improvement in sound quality on this song!