Remasters: A debate

So does the same argument apply if you listen to an album out of order because you think the songs flow better in that specific order versus the original order on the album?

What about an album where 2 versions were released originally? Like Judas Priest's Killing Machine in the U.K and Hellbent for Leather in the U.S? The US edition not only had a different album name, but an additional track. Which one would be the "real" one in that situation?

I don't think the additional track is relevant, but it is unusual that they changed the name of the album. Was the production different or was it identical otherwise?

Priest intended it on being the Killing Machine order I believe so Butt would argue that

He already said that he doesn't care about intent though, just whatever came first. That being said, per Wikipedia it was released in America a few months later, so...

Typically I don't care for remasters. I will give an example, though it is probably a worst case scenario....... why in the hell would someone remaster "Back in Black" ? Ummm.... you have one of the most world renowned producers in Mutt Lange that produced an album with one of the most famous hard rock bands of all time, and you want to go fucking with the sound on it ? Makes perfect sense to me.
Most of the remasters I have heard sounded worse in my ears than the original. Having said that, I did buy an Accept Metal Heart remaster for like $5 and I actually liked it. I found the bass to be too low in the mix on the original CD, though not on vinyl (I am old, so shoot me >:p~) It is a rare exception, but an exception nonetheless. Therefore, if I can hear quality samples of a remaster, there may be some I like. The general consensus in my ears is no, though.

Bryant

I used to prefer the remasters. I played music on a cheap set of speakers and I enjoyed the boosted volume most of the remasters provided.

Sometimes they are necessary. The first edition of enemies of reality by nevermore sounded like shit and then sneap cleaned it up and it sounds like a different album. The music is sometimes so good that it deserves to be heard the way it should be...

It's ok, let him laugh. I'm sure his favorite bands would have nothing but good things to say about him and his abilities as a tech. They'd probably kill to have the chance to work with him, if they haven't already.

lol some guy on the internet with metalcred dissed andy sneap and remasters and now i will too

Lol you're an idiot. I dislike Sneap because of how incredibly generic, soulless, and sterile his work sounds. Not because anyone does. I wasn't aware anyone else even did actually.

Lol you're an idiot. I dislike Sneap because of how incredibly generic, soulless, and sterile his work sounds. Not because anyone does. I wasn't aware anyone else even did actually.

All of that is still better than a Kelly Grey production, you immense dunderhead.

Yea I mean Kelly Gray totally ruined EOR. It sounded atrocious. Sneap's methods work very well with a band like Nevermore. Nevermore is meant to be played loud, and should have a good balance between 'crunch' and 'thud'. He did a masterful job. His mixing on TGE is even better.

To be really honest, I'm not a fan of modern metal production in general. I think it kind of peaked mid nineties or earlier and the loudness war and overproduction raped so many albums after that point.