Albums that need to be rerecorded or remastered?

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
There are so many classic albums out there that have such shitty production jobs, that it would be great to see a few of them rerecorded. I am reminded of how well the old Megadeth remasters of Killing Is my business, and Peace Sells, sound. I'd personally love it if Darkness Descends, Hell Awaits, Schizophrenia, and The Legacy were remastered. I think this list could go on forever, bands that didnt have the money( unlike Metallica) to put out exactly what they intended musically, yet still delivered classic albums.

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Nevermore - Enemies Of Reality
Death - Scream Bloody Gore
Testament - The Legacy
Darkane - Insanity
Symphony X - The Divine Wings Of Tragedy

Some bands shouldn't get remasters, like Ulver for Nattens Madrigal.

Others, like U2, should proably remaster all their 80's material(I'd have to buy it all again, though...darn).

Metallica - Kill Em' All
Shadows Fall - Of One Blood
Opeth - Morningrise
Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh
Suffocation - everything before PFW
Type O Negative - Slow, Deep, and Hard
Incubus - Fungus Amongus

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Nevermore - Enemies Of Reality

Even though I think that this is one of the top albums of the year, i thought that the production could have been a helluva lot better, considering the quality of the last few albums.

Carcass' first two albums DEFINATELY need to be re-recorded/re-mastered.

Emperor-In the Nightside Eclipse AND
Emperor-Anthems to the Welken at Dusk

I know..they have a sound all their own...but they REALLLY need to be remixed/mastered..

ESPC In the Nightside Eclipse

genocide roach said:
every black metal band needs to have their cd's remastered. with VERY few exceptions
~gR~
Why? To completely ruin them all? ....Black Metal should not have crisp clean production..It is intended to sound raw, dirty and cold with good reason..To create an atmosphere that cannot be matched. It wouldn't sound better anyway.

BTW, the production on In the Nightside Eclispe isn't even very bad at all..

Black Metal productions (Like that of Darkthrone) are NOT bad, you can hear all instruments clearly in very many cases, a really good example is Ulver's "Nattens Madrigal". That is the best production ever. A production like th one Britney Spears uses would take away a lot of the feeling.

Also, what the hell is wrong with the production of Darkness Descends?

it sounds thin and brittle. i NEVER hear bass. i get the feeling most these black metal bands go into the studio and forget to tell their bass player.
~gR~

MetalChef said:

I know..they have a sound all their own...but they REALLLY need to be remixed/mastered..

This is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard considering 'Anthems...' couldn't have had a better sound : a perfect mix of raw and clean

genocide roach said:
it sounds thin and brittle. i NEVER hear bass. i get the feeling most these black metal bands go into the studio and forget to tell their bass player.
~gR~

If you can't hear the bass on Nattens Madrigal you have to be fucking deaf, same goes for Transilvanian Hunger and Under a Funeral Moon but to a lesser extent. Plus, Darkthrone doesn't have a bass player and haven't had one since A Blaze in the Northern Sky (After which Dag left).

Dick Rott said:
Metallica - AFJA
All Farts Just Annoy?

Anyway, I don´t think it´s necessary to remaster any albums. That would
take the special feeling away. I like the raw sound of e.g. "Kill ´em all"
and I don´t want to listen to a hi-fi clean sound version of it.

ReDilS.kCalB said:
This is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard considering 'Anthems...' couldn't have had a better sound : a perfect mix of raw and clean

the vocals could have been a little louder in my opinion

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Darkane - Insanity
Whaaaaaaaaa'??? o_O Why does 'Insanity' need to be remastered/rerecorded?

Sorath said:
Black Metal productions (Like that of Darkthrone) are NOT bad, you can hear all instruments clearly in very many cases, a really good example is Ulver's "Nattens Madrigal". That is the best production ever.
:guh: Best production ever???.... :erk: ... :lol:

I can fully understand why Black Metal has sounds like its recorded in a bush with an answering machine, but 'Nattens Madrigal' takes it too far. That production is fuckin' horrendous. The guitars are so treble-y that I was surprised my ears didn't bleed. Anywho, just my two cents.

Every Deeds of Flesh album should be rerecorded with a decent production job. That way I might actually enjoy listening to them.

MetalChef said:

Not at all. Both albums have brilliant productions. "Wrath Of The Tyrant" badly needs remastering, though - the songs are brilliant as far as I'm concerned, but the production takes away quite a lot of my enjoyment of these songs.