Megadeth Remasters?

anonymousnick2001

World's Greatest Vocalist
Aug 10, 2003
I
I know a lot of people on here hate Megadeth, but those who are knowledgeable on the new expanded editions can help me out. Are they worthwhile? How do they compare to the original editions? I heard Dave went and redid a lot of stuff. Is it noticeable? Is it like those horrendous Ozzy remasters, with rerecorded shit?

I know he butchered MD 45's The Craving, so I'm asking based on that.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I know a lot of people on here hate Megadeth, but those who are knowledgeable on the new expanded editions can help me out. Are they worthwhile? How do they compare to the original editions? I heard Dave went and redid a lot of stuff. Is it noticeable? Is it like those horrendous Ozzy remasters, with rerecorded shit?

I know he butchered MD 45's The Craving, so I'm asking based on that.

In my opinion they are well worth getting. I have got Peace Sells, So Far So Good So What and Rust In Peace and they are a great listen.

Each one sounds more intense and fuller than the originals especially Rust In Peace which sounds quite thin on the original but explodes out of your speakers now

anonymousnick2001 said:
There's no re-writing?

There's the odd little change but nothing significant.

For example there are horns in the intro of Into The Lungs Of Hell and the car crash part of 502 has been changed.

Nothing as significant as the remaster of The Craving

I have the remastered So Far, So Good, So What? but I don't own the original, so I can't really say for sure, but I've heard the original and the quality is a fucking lot better.

As for Rust In Peace, I haven't heard it (the remastered version), but I hear he re-wrote (therefore re-recorded) lyrics for Take No Prisoners and Five Magics (I think it's those two anyway).

Well, I like what he did with the songs on RIP. They really do explode out the speakers.

I'm just afraid that the bite of songs like "Wake Up Dead" or "Hook in Mouth" has been lost through re-recording.

omg no way man cool ill get thta one teehee

I'm certain CTE and Youthanasia didn't need the remasters, but whatever.