OT Megadeth to Roadrunner

Rise

Mar 9, 2005
Glasgow
ROADRUNNER RECORDS SIGNS MEGADETH
New York , NY - Roadrunner Records is proud to announce the signing of Megadeth. Already known as one of rock's most forward-thinking bands, Megadeth and its frontman Dave Mustaine have cast a long shadow on the metal and hard rock landscape with millions of records sold worldwide and an undeniable influence echoed in scores of young bands today.

"We are proud to be working with one of the chief architects of modern hard rock and metal: Dave Mustaine. Megadeth and Roadrunner have led parallel careers on the cutting edge of metal for years now. The combination of the two is bound to be lethal," says A&R man, Mike Gitter.

Mustaine says of his new home "It is exciting to be some place you are respected, understood and appreciated. The truth is there's a lot of people I've known there over the years. I'm stoked we're all coming back together again to work on this project."

Megadeth has begun work on its as-yet-untitled Roadrunner debut under the watchful eye of Mustaine and co-producer Jeff Balding (who helmed 2004's The System Has Failed) .

Mustaine is presently finalizing the lineup for Megadeth's Gigantour 2 festival tour of the US .

What can we expect good promotion from roadrunner i know in the uk their shit but still USA branch could be better?

I'm curious about this new record, but, Mustaine seems to be into 80s-era hard rock, ala Dokken. I dunno, the last few records sound like that to me.

I dunno about this. It remains to be seen. I thought Sanctuary shit the bed when it came to promoting megadeth, so hopefully roadrunner will do the right thing.

GregadetH said:
Like Sanctuary?:Smug:
haha like back with Capitol or WB or something. They have a really big fan base, and tour all over the world, and usually sell everything out (outside of the US of course)

Karina_666 said:
I dunno about this. It remains to be seen. I thought Sanctuary shit the bed when it came to promoting megadeth, so hopefully roadrunner will do the right thing.

I don't think you have to worry

Roadrunner has done an amazing job promoting and making Opeth available everywhere... and they aren't near as accessible a band as Megadeth... I think Mustaine is in good hands

Yeah the band will be fine on this label, I'm more worried about ourselves the fans. Just remember not to buy the new album until it’s re-released a year later with bonus features. That's the Roadrunner way.

King Size said:
Yeah the band will be fine on this label, I'm more worried about ourselves the fans. Just remember not to buy the new album until it’s re-released a year later with bonus features. That's the Roadrunner way.

ack, yeah that is true

DarrellDethSDMF said:
I think Roadrunner is where Megadeth should be these days. Roadrunner supports it's artists.

Yeah, theyd did a sterling job with Sepultura, and most of Obituary is now that rich they get to live in fucking trailers:rolleyes:

I think he got the gig about two months ago. Wasn't he in like, White Lion or something? What's next, the drummer from Saigon Kick joining for the next record? I remember when Dave had some cool jazz guys in his band. What happened?

Karina_666 said:
I think he got the gig about two months ago. Wasn't he in like, White Lion or something? What's next, the drummer from Saigon Kick joining for the next record? I remember when Dave had some cool jazz guys in his band. What happened?

Wow, guess I fell asleep at the wheel on that one:loco:
Ya, he was in White Lion waaaay back when.
BLS; David Lee Roth Band, and he has a killer cd named "The Hideous Sun Demons" which is all music..........He actually is a very talented Bass Player (White Lion we'll just ignore as being young).

my nly real gripe with Roadrunner is their forum boards. They allow people to bash the bands and the lables so bad it makes normal people ask why they even post there if they hate the lable and bands on it so bad.

I stopped going there because of the sheer hatred and maliciousness in nearly every thread.

They are as bad or worse than the pantera board.

It makes me feel bad for the bands that memebers can't even go to the website of their own lable without having to see mindless haters bashing their art.