OT: New Megadeth Music?

i seen that a while back myself, i dont know how much i trust it, only their old stuff that was never recorded. personally they need the RiP lineup, it was pretty killer. i did have more to say but i forgot.

It's not their old stuff that was never recorded. People always misunderstand Dave:
To set everyone straight (because all of the stuff on Megadeth.com is quite confusing since they delete Dave's posts every so often and people get confused)...

Dave's arm healed 100%. He had what they call "Saturday Night Palsy" which is basically when you fall asleep with your arm draped over the back of a chair, and it fucks up your arm. Some people permanently lost use of their arm doing that before. But luckily, Dave rehabilitated, started playing again, took some guitar lessons to get his chops back in order, and then started writing material. He had some riffs written before the band broke up that he used, but there's new stuff too...
David Ellefson kept Megadeth's manager, which Dave claims fucked over the band on the last tour...David is friends with the guy, I guess, and is still upset the way Dave ended Megadeth in 2002, so Dave didn't want him in the band if he kept the old manager. So, due to that, Marty Friedman didnt want any part of a reunion unless it was a COMPLETE Rust In Peace-Cryptic Writings era reunion, plus he thinks it's too soon for that and isn't into metal right now. Nick was ready and willing to join the band, but I guess Dave decided against it unless it was everyone, and so he used a studio bassist and drummer, Jimmy Sloas, and Vinnie Colaiuta, respectively. The original guitarist Chris Poland came in and laid down solos for the new record in the studio as well. Some people think this is a Mustaine solo album, but it is actually a new Megadeth record. He has mentioned a solo album a few times, but he hasn't started recording that yet, that's for later on. Another thing people got confused about is when Dave said it was old unfinished material. It's basically all new stuff....maybe a few riffs could have been written a long time ago, but a lot of it was written on the last tour, as they were preparing for the TWNAH followup. The songs themselves are NEW, nothing old or deemed "not good enough" for past albums. He also remixed and remastered the entire back-catalogue of Capitol Records albums...although Capitol treated the tapes badly, so a few tracks were lost, such as the vocal track to Take No Prisoners, and unfortunatly, he had to re-sing the song in order to remix it. But he said it sounds exactly like the original, so...we'll see. Also, they are reissuing his 1996 side project MD. 45...but unfortunatly, the singer Lee Ving's vocal tracks were lost, so Dave decided to resing it himself, as most people didn't like Lee's vocals anyway. He is also making Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings and Risk more like HE wanted them, not how the producers and record executives wanted them. So expect some of the songs to be stripped down, heavier, and on Youthanasia, I think he even made some of the songs faster, changing their tempos. But that's only with Youth, Cryptic, and Risk. The rest shall remain the same. I am sorta against this but it'll be cool to have 2 versions of the albums anyway. Sucks for those who don't have the originals of those though. Damn this is long-winded. But anyway, the new Megadeth album is Dave, Chris Poland, Jimmy Sloas, and Vinnie Colaiuta and the tracklist is as follows:

1. Blackmail The Universe
2. Shadow Of Death
3. My Kingdom
4. Of Mice And Men
5. Truth Be Told
6. The Scorpion
7. Kick The Chair
8. Something That I’m Not
9. Tears In A Vial
10. Die Dead Enough
11. Back In The Day

Some people are worried about the fact that Vinnie Colaiuta is playing drums on it, because he has played on a million pop albums, and never a metal album. But rest assured, he's one of the best and most in demand drummers in the entire world...he's a killer Jazz drummer...and remember, Gar Samuelson, the original Megadeth drummer had never played in a metal band before Megadeth either. Chris Poland was recently interviewed and he said that the drumming is incredible and "think of SPEED METAL with LOTS of feel"...

well i hope what your saying is true, it seems to be, if it is i'll be very pleased with the new releases. i think they should have asked charlie to drum, :-D

There is no "unfortunatley" about Dave re singing the MD.45 record.

Lee Ving is a good vocalist, but that stuff was never his style. I d/l the Mustaine version of 'The Day the Music Died' and it rips the original a new asshole.

Heres to rattling yer goddamn head one last time. \m/

Come on ppl it´s VINNIE FUCKIN´COLAIUTA on drums. How can anyone be afraid of the fact he´s there? He´s the best fucking drummer on this planet, he can play metal with one hand and feet up his ass, trust me!

no shot, not in hell. Charlie kicks his ass, though i've never heard him, Charlie kicks his ass, yes im that big a fan i'd put my good looks and sexy body on that, and my killer blue helmet aswell. :headbang:

Inside Out said:
no shot, not in hell. Charlie kicks his ass, though i've never heard him, Charlie kicks his ass, yes im that big a fan i'd put my good looks and sexy body on that, and my killer blue helmet aswell. :headbang:
Having heard his fusion project, at this I regretfully don´t agree.