OT Music in 2014

onemanstandsthrax11

Married with Children
Nov 20, 2003
So I just picked up the new Pink Floyd album and am really digging it. Was not sure at first being it was gonna be mostly instrumental, but it lives up to the Pink Floyd name. Anyone else check it out. Also got the new Foo Fighters and I am impressed with that as well. Might have to check out that 8 part mini series they did on HBO.

I have been kinda bored with music lately, but actually bought 4 albums in the last month. Slipknot, Foo Fighters, Counting Crows, and Pink Floyd. All have been great. I know that is not a very metal list but I know there are a few people on here with Music tastes all over. I am looking forward to the new Smashing Pumpkins, based on what I have heard so far. Oceania was great, to bad in this day and age its hard for music to be heard.

Anyone got any suggestions for anything released lately or coming up??

I like the new Foo Fighters album too. Kind of short, but good.

I haven't heard the new Pink Floyd yet, I'll have to check that out.

Most of the new stuff I've heard is metal. Exodus, Overkill, Accept, Prong, etc. All good stuff!

My playlist currently:

Slipknot - .5 The Grey Chapter
Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways
Machine Head - Bloodstone & Diamonds
Exodus - Blood In Blood Out
Mark Lanegan Band - Phantom Radio

Also really hanging out for the new Syslosis record in January. Their last one Monolith was amazing.

Kinda looking forward to the new Pumpkins too. Tommy Lee rocking the drums! :)

It might be ok, but I have a problem calling it Smashing Pumpkins. It's just a Billy Corgan solo album just like the last one. But who knows, it could be good.

It might be ok, but I have a problem calling it Smashing Pumpkins. It's just a Billy Corgan solo album just like the last one. But who knows, it could be good.

You know, it's kind of the same with Megadeth for example... I don't really have a problem with that.

@TimmyC Slipknot's newbie is brilliant. I've previously found their albums very hit and miss but this one is very good. Very mature and to be honest only one song on their I don't like (Custer).

@TimmyC Slipknot's newbie is brilliant. I've previously found their albums very hit and miss but this one is very good. Very mature and to be honest only one song on their I don't like (Custer).

Funny how opinions vary. Custer is my favorite song on the new album.

If Rain is what you want is brilliant.

Killpop is Slipknot's answer to NIN Closer.

I think with Custer I just find the chorus a wee bit kiddy (fuck fuck fuck me up and cut cut cut me up... urgh) like but I get the fun in it though.

Anyway I'm right. You're all wrong. Something John Bush... something something Belladonna. Something Something asshole.

;-)

The intro sets Custer up quite nicely,you can tell they are having a blast jamming,that's what it's all about,they are kiddy lyrics but the music is brutal