OT: Myspace - Need some help...

brandy

Iguana Hell
Jun 11, 2005
www.iguana-studios.de
... cause i am a dummy at HTML/CSS etc!

It seems that everybody has a myspace page these days, so i was fiddling around a little today by myself.

I am curious how all those user changed the layout/style/color of their pages?!

Ok, i did some research and it seems that i have to put some fancy code into the "about me" (or what the heck that field is called) - wich will modify the layout.

I was able to change the background color to black - but now i can't read the text/titles etc cause they are black to.

So:

Does anybody have a link to something like a "myspace-tutorial-for-dummys"?

Thanks a lot!

brandy

Yeah dude, just google search for one of those myspace html code helping sites...

They're relatively easy once you get the hang of that.

MySpace.com right now as of this posting:
"Login is temporarily disabled while we fix some database problems. We'll be back shortly. 11/30/2006"

Good luck LOL

MySpace hires people specifically to reboot crashed servers. Literally, that is what a portion of their IT staff spends most of their time doing. I know from a good source...

Hi,

thanks for the hints! Much apprechiated.

I do not like myspace that much as well - that's the reason i never had the feeling that i have to be active there... But well. I don't want to bash myspace here, i just need some help to understand that stupit concept.

The network itself (and the fact that "everybody is there") is the one and only benefit of myspace.

The interface itself as well as details like that you have to insert the html code in the "about me" field is a big joke. It would be shurely easy to implement these "design" features in the edit-profile area.

Every freeware forumsoft made by privat useres comes with more options and a much better concept.

brandy