OT: New Metal Church XI

I like it a lot thus far. Only one listen though. More to come and a review soon too.

Reactions: Jono
I have the deluxe international version. The 8 bonus tracks are an interesting mix.

I haven't bought it yet, but I will soon. Actually, Metal Church will be my next concert. Got to pick it up before then. I want to familiarize myself with the new material.

Reactions: Jono
I haven't bought it yet, but I will soon. Actually, Metal Church will be my next concert. Got to pick it up before then. I want to familiarize myself with the new material.

A friend of mine went to their show on Friday night (March 25th) and said they played three songs from the new album in the set.

A friend of mine went to their show on Friday night (March 25th) and said they played three songs from the new album in the set.
Cool. I hope they play No Tomorrow. I've heard that on Ozzy's Boneyard a few times. Good stuff!

Here is what i wrote on the Testament forum...I'm lazy today.
I think it's a great album I really like it. It falls in with the other Howe albums almost seamlessly. I think Metal church will do well. However...I think if they are going to flourish they need to step up the drums and the solos. Mike has brought them back up a level. But the musician ship hasn't been stepped up. If they are going to compete with their peers I think they need to kick it up on the next album.

Here's a taste for ya mrthrax! they are killing it live.

I'm listening to the bonus tracks on the deluxe version of XI.

Disc 2

1. The Coward
2. Blister Fist (Instrumental)
3. God Hit (Instrumental)
4. The Enemy Mind
5. Signal Path (Radio Edit)
6. Badlands
7. Shadow (Demo)
8. No Tomorrow (Alt Mix)

I saw them last night. Mike Howe's voice has really held up well. Anybody know what he's been up to the last 20 years or so?

Reactions: redfly
I saw them last night. Mike Howe's voice has really held up well. Anybody know what he's been up to the last 20 years or so?
I have no idea what he did for work, only that it wasn't music. I tried to find out over the years but there was just no info lol. I'm sure it will come out in an interview one of these days.
And ya his voice is just getting better as they go too!