OT: Nuclear Explosion Footage, and my Prog Metal...

Garfo

Metal fool
Hey guys,

I have finally finished editing together some Nuclear Explosion Videos, and a progressive metal song of mine.

The music track is called 'Destructor', and I posted it here quite a while ago. It was originally conceived as a track about Nuclear destruction, so that's where I got the idea to put some Nuclear testing videos along with it, to make it an AV experience.

I have it stuck up at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSHe22GKmT4

I'm not a great video editor, but let me know what ya'll think of it nonetheless. It does however seem the cheapest option to create a music vid these days :headbang:

Garfo.

Great song !
I like the second half better (after ~1:50) especially around 3:15 - great "return to heavyness" moment (the video nicely emphasizes this with a huge explosion). :headbang: :heh:

btw I downloaded the mp3 Destructor track from your site and i want to fill all fields of its id3 tag, but i'm not sure what to enter in artist tag ?
Garfo ?
Garfomusic ?
Garflord ?
Tpproject ?
The Pariah ? Or is it just the title of this album ?
Or maybe just your name ?

i thought that was great. powerful stuff.

it was perfect when the music got all soft. My only gripe is that the very last clip had divx and mpeg 1 written on the bottom. If you could cover them up somehow it would be better.

Thanks for listening, and watching the vid dudes. I'm not sure how I can get rid of the tags on the last video clip though sadly, I don' think my skills stretch that far:(

As for ID3 tags, umm

Artist: Gareth Thomas
Song: Destructor
Album: The Pariah (EP)

I have so many different names for things, I get lost myself, lol. Glad peeps enjoyed at least :)

Garfo.

The music and production are great. sounds really good.

on the video side I would suggest you have a lot more cuts in the first half. the visual aspect has less intensity and movement that the music. You wouldn't really need to get more clips, you could just cut to different parts of the clip several times to create the illusion of more shots.

cool track. I look forward to seeing more.

on the video side I would suggest you have a lot more cuts in the first half.

You are kinda right about this, but i'm strongly against modern mtv style very short cuts even if bpm dictates this style of editing (btw i'm strongly against 1 second cuts in Playboy videos too hehehe ;) :D ).

For me the video is more "oldskooly" the way it is.