OT: Since this board is dead

KillerB

Heaven Piercer
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Since the board is dead and the Big Four show is coming up, I thought I'd ask you guys a question. I've been watching re-runs of That Metal Show, and I heard them ask who would be fit to join the other four bands in a Big Five. I thought it'd be a fun question to ask here now that the board is.

As for me, I have no idea. I want to say Overkill, but I also want to say Exodus...

Exodus or Testament

I'd go with Exodus just cause I like them slightly more. It should be a big 4 tour with these 2 being special guests!

No love for Overkill?

Come on, Immortalis has to be one of the best newer thrash albums out right now. Or maybe it's just because I'm from NJ...

No love for Overkill?

Come on, Immortalis has to be one of the best newer thrash albums out right now. Or maybe it's just because I'm from NJ...

No matter how hard I try I just cannot get into Overkill...... Blaze's singing just grate at me too much.

Of all the other thrash bands the only one I ever really consistently enjoy immensely is Annihilator. So I'd have to say them. Jeff Waters is also the best thrash guitarist outwith the Big 4.

I don't get all the Immortalis love - Overkill have been putting out excellent modern thrash since Killbox 13, I don't know how that was overlooked yet Immortalis is wanked over by everyone on metal forums.

Overkill's 'Immortalis' is one of the greatest modern Thrash-records imo with Tourniquet's 'Microscopic View Of A Telescopic Realm' being my fav.

Overkill's 'Immortalis' was the greatest Thrash-record of the last decade imo.

Wow, thats a big call. I'm going to give it a really good listen then.

My shout for that title would go to Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition: Exhibit A. Fucking brilliant record.