OT: Snakes on a Plane

Setsu

Screw MTV, Go SX & DT
Jan 28, 2006
Michigan, USA
www.dsrevolution.com
I just got back from the 10 pm showing at the local movie theater. I have to say that I think it was an actual decent movie. It had constant comedic relief and some thrilling, as well as outrageous, moments.

I fully recommend it. :worship:

Thoughts?

haha i've been waiting for this since the first time i heard about it... even if it stinks its gonna be awesome. I mean, come one... you've got snakes on a plane... how can you lose!?

This movie is by far the greatest movie ever. It has everything: hot naked people, snakes, a plane, the thinnest plot imaginable, Samuel L Jackson, an ending music video that's so catchy it hurts. It has some of the most outrageous deaths I have ever seen, and damn I couldn't have asked for more. And I genuinely got freaked out in a scene or two. This movie gets my 2 thumbs up and probably about 2 more visits to the theater.

the thing that made the movie was the internet geeks (not unlike myself) who showed up because of all the parodies, blogs and general internet hype thats been going on for the last year. The whole time people were laughing and cheering at every cheesy moment. it was such a blast in spite of the fact the movie wasn't exactly oscar worthy.

it really wasn't a bad movie on the whole though, it was really cool the way they made a movie out of a concept that could only turn out cheesy... so they went ahead and threw more cheese on it on purpose instead of trying to actually put out a fully serious film... bloody good time this film was.

Yeah there were alot of crazy people at my showing. Everyone counted down till the movie started and one guy ,wearing a suit, flashed everyone with a snake painted on to his stomache. The movie was meant to be cheesey, but I still loved it. We haven't had a movie where the hero is simply bad ass and prevails no matter what the circumstances in a long time.

Okay, so I'm at the movie theater, and I go to buy my tickets, and the lady at the counter doesn't let me buy a ticket for the movie, because she doesnt think I'm old enough. Then a girl I know, but hate, who's only 14 walks up, and buys a ticket without a question of ID or anything. So now I'm convinced that the lady at the ticket counter is a lesbian.

I found this to be one of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen. I'm sure I'll witness it again in theaters. The audience was so loud during key parts that I couldn't even hear the film!

i saw it, thought it was ok, but everyone else in the theater thought it was excellent and were talking about it on the way out and shit. The only conclusion i can get from that is that americans are way too easily amused. no offense, i just fail to see the greatness in that movie

oh, dont get me wrong, i though it was an ok movie and i enjoyed it, i just dont think its as great as everyone else in that theater thought it was.

Ptah Khnemu said:
Okay, so I'm at the movie theater, and I go to buy my tickets, and the lady at the counter doesn't let me buy a ticket for the movie, because she doesnt think I'm old enough. Then a girl I know, but hate, who's only 14 walks up, and buys a ticket without a question of ID or anything. So now I'm convinced that the lady at the ticket counter is a lesbian.

Or a sexist.

Ptah Khnemu said:

maybe she just plain didnt like you.

Well I finally saw it last night.... OH MY GOD!!!!! That movie is the most amazing movie ever made.