OT: Snakes on a Plane

With all the internet hype I'm expecting some pretty good things.. I'm going to see it Saturday night. However, I read that its meant to be R rated and here in Australia its only M rated so I'm wondering if its had some pretty heavy censoring.. The upside to that is if it in fact is meant to be R, maybe that version will be available on dvd later..

Quite a few movies rated R in the US are M or MA here Charis

here are how the rating systems vary

Australia

Unrestricted:

E - Exempt From Classification
G - Suitable for All Ages.
PG - Parental Guidance is Recommended for Young Viewers.
M - Suitable for Mature Audiences
Restricted:

MA15+ - Suitable for Mature Audiences Only - Persons Under 15 Must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
R18+ - Restricted to Adults 18 Years and Over
X18+ - Restricted to Adults 18 Years and Over (ACT and NT Only) - Very Strong & Graphic Sex Scenes

America
Unrestricted:

G - General Audiences - All ages admitted.
PG - Parental Guidance Suggested - Some material may not be suitable for young children. These films contain some mild language, humour, and/or violence.
PG-13 - Parents Strongly Cautioned - Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13. These films contain some nudity, sexuality, language, humour, and/or violence.
Restricted:

R - Restricted - Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian at least 21 years old. These films contain, adult language, strong humour, sexuality, nudity, strong violence, and/or gore.
NC-17 - No One 17 And Under Admitted (18 and older ONLY) Films contain excessive violence, sex, aberrational behavior, drug abuse, strong adult language, or any other elements which, when present, most parents would consider too strong and therefore off-limits for viewing by their children.

P.S. is it mean of me getting my best friend to message my dickhead ex bf last night writing the movie up and recommending he go see it.. knowing full well that he has such a snake phobia that even the mention of them breaks him into a cold sweat, and seeing them pop up in any movie makes him turn white and want to run screaming from the cinema?

SilentRealm said:
P.S. is it mean of me getting my best friend to message my dickhead ex bf last night writing the movie up and recommending he go see it.. knowing full well that he has such a snake phobia that even the mention of them breaks him into a cold sweat, and seeing them pop up in any movie makes him turn white and want to run screaming from the cinema?

Mean - yes
Funny - hell yes

And probably not unjustified.

SilentRealm said:

No, well it is very obvious what you should get him for his next birthday.

Snakes on a Plane on DVD? Or a plane full of Snakes? Because both sound extra fun.

ok I finally saw it over the weekend and OMG I LOVED IT!!!! the only things that I wasnt sure whether to be disappointed or not was firstly that the acting was not nearly as terrible as I expected it to be, and secondly.. the 1 line in the movie I'm waiting for Sam Jackson to finally say (you people KNOW what line I'm talking about :p), I thought he said at a relatively inappropriate moment.. I could think of several areas of the movie he could have said it instead that would be much funnier..

BUT it was so bloody COOL!!!! the snakes were so.. incorrect that they were hilarious (especially the 'snake vision' - i cracked up every time), and those death scenes were awesome!!!!

Especially when the Oxygen masks dropped from the ceiling and the snakes came down with them. That and the mean British Guy dying were by far teh 2 best death scenes in the movie.

yeah I noticed redbull had a MAJOR plug lol.. my fav death scenes were the first one where the snake latches onto the nipple, then again where the snake latches onto the guys dick, and also where one is crawling up the old gross woman and she is getting off till she looks at it, and it latches onto her eyeball and burrows in through her skull.. that was pretty ripe :lol:ooh.. and yeah the one where the boa eats the english guy :lol: classic cinema!

i also loved the steward, and how he was showing the martial arts guy his kickboxing moves, and how you think for sure that he is SO very gay and hitting on that guy and when he mentions his wife/gf (i forget) you're thinking.. 'pfft, yeah right..' - then at the very end, it turns out he wasnt lying and his gf is like the hottest chick out of any of them :lol:

I dunno that blond stewardess was pretty hot also. :worship:
That English guy got what he had coming though, after throwing that chick's dog at the boa.
The pilots also had a pretty awesome death scene. They just jumped down into the thing with the breakers and BAM!! Snakes bite 'em. And then that one captain comes back with his entire body all swolen. Priceless.